Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Carolina had so many chances at the beginning of the 3rd too.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
You got to think Carolina needs to change gears this offseason.

Whole load of UFAs

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
oof what a brutal choke. maybe they should've tried being tough around the crease instead of crosschecking Ranger players in vulnerable positions

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Doesn't Carolina's owner refuse to spend to the cap or something, like they are around 9 million under the cap no?

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
As someone that has had to give myself the Heinrich manoever( not fun), I consider myself an expert on choking. They choked

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Doesn't Carolina's owner refuse to spend to the cap or something, like they are around 9 million under the cap no?
They are almost up against the cap. How can you win when you have Frederik Andersen in goal? He is the playoff version of Mrazek.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Whichever team has DeAngelo - well, I'm glad they lose. Also wtf were they thinking with Jordan Staal as their 2nd line center going into the playoffs. He's a 3rd line matchup guy and that's it. The corpse of Kuznetsov wasn't the answer at all.

Honestly thought this year they could've gone far with how many cheap and valuable contracts they had. Some shakeups need to happen to spark that team. Firing their coach would be a big mistake imo

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Whichever team has DeAngelo - well, I'm glad they lose. Also wtf were they thinking with Jordan Staal as their 2nd line center going into the playoffs. He's a 3rd line matchup guy and that's it. The corpse of Kuznetsov wasn't the answer at all.

Honestly thought this year they could've gone far with how many cheap and valuable contracts they had. Some shakeups need to happen to spark that team. Firing their coach would be a big mistake imo
They really are a 2C or an actual goaltender away from getting over the hump. If they weren't still paying for Kotkaniemi and had the assets from the offer sheet, maybe Ullmark accepts a trade to Carolina, maybe they for Monahan or Lindholm... etc. Now it feels like the Canes are running out of time rather than just not making the moves needed.

Reactions: BimJenning
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad