Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Why are we cheering for Dallas? F that. Let's get 1st in the west.

Also don't understand why we'd rather play Nashville. Arguably one of the best teams in the league 2nd half of the season. Give me the Kings all day long.

You play Josi tight and you shut down Forsberg and there's not much else there. Saros could steal a series I guess.

Of the 3 teams the Canucks could have faced in the 1st round, the Canucks had the best numbers against them and went 3-0.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Why are we cheering for Dallas? F that. Let's get 1st in the west.

Also don't understand why we'd rather play Nashville. Arguably one of the best teams in the league 2nd half of the season. Give me the Kings all day long.

LA for travel and not having to face a potentially unbeatable goalie if he gets hot and the second best dman in the league

nashville for not having to watch LA

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
So Nashville it is!

Our series will have the longest travel in the 1st round, which I'm not crazy about - especially if it's a 6-7 game series. But you play the hand you're dealt. Good thing is we can relax about the Jets game tomorrow.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
So Nashville it is!

Our series will have the longest travel in the 1st round, which I'm not crazy about - especially if it's a 6-7 game series. But you play the hand you're dealt. Good thing is we can relax about the Jets game tomorrow.

The league really needs to go 2-3-2.

Reactions: TruKnyte

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LA for travel and not having to face a potentially unbeatable goalie if he gets hot and the second best dman in the league

nashville for not having to watch LA
Travel will be rough. If they get the chance to end it in 5, they can to do it, unlike the 2011 team that had to go 7 vs Chicago. Don't want to do that nearly 4 hour flight to Nashville twice.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
If Armstrong takes this off season seriously and goes out there to get some good players with the assets he has, they will make the playoffs and possibly do some serious damage.

Macelli, Keller, Crouse, Schmaltz, Cooley, Doan, Guenther, Moser, Kesselring, Durzi is a really good core group of guys. And they have like 20+ picks in the first three rounds for the next couple of years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So Nashville it is!

People in the East don't get how rough it is for the West in a 1 vs 8 format and so many time zones.

Dallas is going to either LV or LA. Edm to either LA/LV. Win to Col.

East is NYR to Wash, NYI to Carolina. TB to Fla and Tor to Bos....

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Armstrong takes this off season seriously and goes out there to get some good players with the assets he has, they will make the playoffs and possibly do some serious damage.

Macelli, Keller, Crouse, Schmaltz, Cooley, Doan, Guenther, Moser, Kesselring, Durzi is a really good core group of guys. And they have like 20+ picks in the first three rounds for the next couple of years.
His first job is to educate/inform players about SLC, Utah. What do any in the NHL know about it? Aside from the Jazz, the games in 2002 which no player today was a part of and thus didn't attend. Probably need to break some preconceptions about the place first.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
People in the East don't get how rough it is for the West in a 1 vs 8 format and so many time zones.

Dallas is going to either LV or LA. Edm to either LA/LV. Win to Col.

East is NYR to Wash, NYI to Carolina. TB to Fla and Tor to Bos....
Yup, which is why it's always impressive when a Western Conference team wins the Cup. All you can hope for is a short series for the Nucks in this 1st round

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yup, which is why it's always impressive when a Western Conference team wins the Cup. All you can hope for is a short series for the Nucks in this 1st round
Van to Nash by miles is probably the combined total of all 4 Eastern series by distance.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Coyotes up 5-2 on Edmonton.
It’s kinda wild watching the last game for the Coyotes for how many times it was anticipated to happen. Felt bad for Shane Doan during the intermission

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Farewell Arizona, you'll be back again in the league someday.
Honestly, it's better to not have a team there while they figure out an arena if they can. I don't trust AM to get it done.
Honestly, it could boil down to whether the Suns owners want an NHL team cause no way they'd agree to leave Footprint to share arena revenue with an NHL club.

Well Yotes moving, now they get to play in an actual NHL arena.

wait….
Yep. If Fertitia had not been so critical of the price, and just say, I would like an NHL team but I would need to make sure that the economics work. Something general like that, which is fair. Not say, stuff about the NHL south of the Mississippi. I think he would have been close to the front of the line, then the NHL doesn't have to move the Coyotes to a non NHL arena.

Reactions: PG Canuck

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
So tough for the true loyal fans of the Yotes.

With all the shit that I've lived through with our Nucks over 54 years, I can't imagine not having my team to bitch about and rave about every year.

Reactions: DS7

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I still do not get it, Why are we so afraid of Vegas who has been shit all year or LA who we dominated in every game even when the score didn't reflect it, but we aren't scared of Nashville who has been on fire since the all star break and outplayed in every game this year despite us wiining all three

It really doesn't make sense, we should be salivating over the thought of facing Vegas, not only are they weakest team in the west, but the hype they are getting from fans and media will give us a ton of momentum if we beat them, and I'll be honest I expect whoever plays them to stomp them.
I'm not afraid of Vegas but ideally you want some of these teams to beat up each other before you face them.

The series I was afraid of is LA cuz that shit is unwatchable. Playoff hockey for the first time in Vancouver in 9 years and having to watch that Abomination on ice? Let the Oilers or Stars fumigate those monotonous bastards & get beat up for their trouble

Reactions: Sonny A
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad