Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
So Yzerman trades a top 4 right shot D for a pick instead of someone that could contribute and misses the playoffs by a point.

Should be fired
I thought Yzerman's intent was to flip the assets they got from us to fill another need... huge mistake to not pull the trigger again, ended up with washed up Chiarot/Petry needing to eat tough minutes and paid the price.

Reactions: aquaweenie

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So Yzerman trades a top 4 right shot D for a pick instead of someone that could contribute and misses the playoffs by a point.

Should be fired
Win-win trade!

And there was nothing preventing the Wings from keeping Hronek. The cap space was there, the assets for Debrinct came from elsewhere, and the top D prospects they had were both LD's. Yzerman just bet on him failing and thought he was selling high.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Win-win trade!

And there was nothing preventing the Wings from keeping Hronek. The cap space was there, the assets for Debrinct came from elsewhere, and the top D prospects they had were both LD's. Yzerman just bet on him failing and thought he was selling high.
I think it was more they were betting on Seider but he's regressed since an excellent rookie year.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It kinda makes you wonder.

I know a year ago, teams was trying to tank for Bedard.

teams that missed the playoffs by 1 point
Detroit
Philly
Penguins.

Detroit a year ago traded a 25 year old RHD dman, that was posting numbers as a top pairing rhd
Philly traded Sean Walker, who was playing pretty well for them
Penguins traded Jake Guentzal, Crosby was pissed.

I think in hindsight, if those teams knew they will miss the playoffs by 2 points they retract these trades.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
look i haven’t watched more than 2 bruins games tjis year

someone explain to me how this team had 109 points

Reactions: God and Vector

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Vegas winning. I think we are going to end up against them in the first round.
Highly unlikely unless we finish 1st in the west. Vegas either finishes 8th or 3rd. Vegas likely wins against the ducks which locks them in at 3rd and if they tie they lost the tiebreaker with Nashville.
To play Vegas they have to lose in regulation, we have to beat the jets and the stars have to lose in regulation.

At this point it's kings or preds and with Demko in net we wipe either of them.
Can't believe people are worried about LA when two of our losses were without Demko and the other came during one of our worst stretches.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

OT points

The yzerplan hasn’t really worked out in Detroit. Really makes you wonder if BriseBois was the actual brains behind Tampa bays success
Things are easier when you have draft lottery luck and Yzerman had none in Detroit. He also didn’t tear down to the max to get the team m into that position.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

This was me last season too. I was right then and I will be right again!

Serious answer, excellently coached with all players fully committed to a defensive system that is reinforced by the strongest goaltending tandem in the league. They are an okay offensive team and just soaked up loser points.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
I despise caps' captain, didn't want them to clinch but it's not like other teams deserved it more over 82 games. Detroit sunk with larkin's injuries and the slumps they had as a partial result. Had to rely on Lyon too much and Reimer at all, and the lack of adequate D depth behind Seider and Walman was ...bad. Kinda disappointed, have been following wings as my 2nd team since their games often happen to air when i get to watch NHL and i've also adopted Mickey Redmond as my grandpa.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Watching the highlights, Hutson really has some rizz to his play. In Slaf's goal he made everyone back off and stare at the puck with his moves and skating even though he hardly changed positions, then had a clear lane to get the puck through for Slaf to capitalize on. No doubt he's already on the Calder radar for next season.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008

The Bruins are everything people said we were. They hav a high PDO, but were outshot and outchanced almost every single night, and were carried by strong goaltending and luck and overtime games. That's not the say they can't do well in the playoffs, after all they made it work for 82 straight games but it was definitely puck luck driven.

All that said the leafs were also carried by OT games so it's an interesting series for sure.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Watching the highlights, Hutson really has some rizz to his play. In Slaf's goal he made everyone back off and stare at the puck with his moves and skating even though he hardly changed positions, then had a clear lane to get the puck through for Slaf to capitalize on. No doubt he's already on the Calder radar for next season.
Yeah on Slaf's goal you can tell the Hughes/Makar influence was there. Those two are masters at that blueline shimmy move.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I can’t believe that Capitals team made the playoffs when they were 27th in the league in goal differential.

The worst playoff team of the cap era.
Yeah but they made it. Shows how bad the other teams chasing WC2 were as Wash controlled their fate heading into the final game as well. First tie breaker is Reg W not goal differential.

Reactions: M2Beezy

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I actually think that rest at this point in the season is an advantage.

Guys are banged up.

Demko could use some more time off.

Pettersson may or may not be nursing an injury.

Miller could use some rest.

Hughes is top 10 in league ice time.

Lindholm has been dealing with a nagging injury.

I would gladly take a week of rest, even if it meant that the team was a bit rusty for Game 1.
Nashville's been hot. You want them rusty.

Statistically, teams on more than 3 days of rest perform worse than you'd expect, based on their team quality. It's an angle used in hockey betting for some time now. Rust seems to be a real thing.

Anyway, the Canucks will still get 3-4 days off if their series does not start on the weekend, as it sounds it won't.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Jackets beat Canes 6-3. Things that can only happen in game 81 or 82 lol
Yeah. The Canes had nothing to play for, their position was locked, and they rested most of their regulars and played a bunch of rookies in their first games.

I can’t believe that Capitals team made the playoffs when they were 27th in the league in goal differential.

The worst playoff team of the cap era.
I really wanted one of Detroit or Washington to get in.

Can't bet on NYR sweep fast enough.

-36 goal differential and still made the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a record in the cap era.

The Flyers had like a 2% chance of making it if everything fell their way exactly.
It is. Worst goal differential to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad