Around the League - Stanley Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It would be best for us, if Montreal would get a point tonight, and hopefully Winnipeg beats Vancouver. Then the top four would be known, and the playoffs could start on the 16th or 17th for us. Some divisions may start as early as the 12th to 14th.

It doesn’t really matter. I hope that they drop both in regulation and have to sweat a bit to get in. Calgary won’t win 4 against Vancouver but it would be nice if they won 2-3 before they dropped one.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It doesn’t really matter. I hope that they drop both in regulation and have to sweat a bit to get in. Calgary won’t win 4 against Vancouver but it would be nice if they won 2-3 before they dropped one.

How is it that "it doesn't really matter"?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
How is it that "it doesn't really matter"?

What difference does it make to the Leafs whether Montreal gets a point today or not?

We are in. More rest is good for the Leafs. Especially those returning after injury. Nash, Foligno and Hyman will play big roles for us.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What difference does it make to the Leafs whether Montreal gets a point today or not?

We are in. More rest is good for the Leafs. Especially those returning after injury. Nash, Foligno and Hyman will play big roles for us.

The discussion had previously been around this type of comment.

id like to see Calgary win rest of their games/habs lose theirs, and squeeze in the final playoff spot just for the lulz

My response was that it would be better to start sooner, have Habs pick up a point, or these guys lose, so that we aren't held up. Our last game is Friday May 14th... so we could start on the 16th or 17th.

If Calgary still has a chance for fourth, as per the discussion, we'd have to wait until they were done, and two to three days after that... which takes us to May 21st to 22nd to start.

Meanwhile, other divisions could start much earlier... for example, the Central is done on May 10th, and could start as early as May 12th or 13th. The East is done on the 12th, and could start on the 1th/15th.

If we start the North playoffs, a week to 10 days after other divisions start, they could be done a week to two weeks earlier than us.... so they'll be sitting resting, while we will be playing.... I get that rest is good now, but I'd rather be on more equal terms, come the league Semi-Finals, than worry about rest against Winnipeg or Montreal.

Reactions: Metroid

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Can't wait for someone to open a Jack Eichel thread at the main board, and watch those guys turn it into a total shitstrom. It should be fun.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Can't wait for someone to open a Jack Eichel thread at the main board, and watch those guys turn it into a total shitstrom. It should be fun.

There's been many in the Trade subforum... usually between Rangers and Sabres fans. Sabres fans are like, Kakko + Fox + Zib + two 1sts.... :laugh:

I have nothing to backup up my feeling, but I get a vibe from Eichel, that he is a part of the problem in Buffalo, a guy to steer clear of.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
There's been many in the Trade subforum... usually between Rangers and Sabres fans. Sabres fans are like, Kakko + Fox + Zib + two 1sts.... :laugh:

I have nothing to backup up my feeling, but I get a vibe from Eichel, that he is a part of the problem in Buffalo, a guy to steer clear of.

Looks like someone has read my post and started one at the main board.

I honestly want him to stay in Buffalo so the team will stay mediocre for years.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oh that's a shit storm.

At least Eichel isn't being too dramatic in the media. Probably knows he can forced his way out behind doors.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga

I have the same feeling. I've had it for years! It started with his weird behaviour at the end of year interviews and it went from there.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If people thought things were bad for Buffalo before (and they were f***ing awful), it's likely only going to get worse from here. The Pegulas truly ruined that franchise

Reactions: Auston Escobar

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
If people thought things were bad for Buffalo before (and they were f***ing awful), it's likely only going to get worse from here. The Pegulas truly ruined that franchise

Not saying that's not true that the Pegulas are to blame but I just find it hard to believe with how well they turned the Bills franchise around so fast.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Lame playoff races this year, top 4 in 3 of the 4 divisions have basically been set since the midway point of the year.

Nashville/Dallas in the Central ended up being the only real playoff spot fight until Dallas lost 5 straight (games 50 to 54) to hand it to Nashville.
A large part of it is that there are no conferences this year.

If there were, Dallas, Rangers, and Philly would still be in the fight.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
imagiine if the habs lose tonight and again in their final game.

Flames could make it, they need to run the table. If habs lose tonight, if I'm the flames I'm extremely motivated and come out flying vs the canucks.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
imagiine if the habs lose tonight and again in their final game.

Flames could make it, they need to run the table. If habs lose tonight, if I'm the flames I'm extremely motivated and come out flying vs the canucks.

Habs, aka Juggernaut, are losing 2-1 after the first.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Watching the Bruins and Islanders battle and I am still in awe of Bergeron and Marchand. These players are relentless. Forever young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad