Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I feel Boston don’t want us in first round and they are playing out of their minds to get to first place and face some wc team. No biggie, we will kill them in second round.
I think tb is more ok with us as opponent as they think they are better at this style of game than Leafs. They might be right at the moment, but their goaltender is major suspect. If we light him up couple of times and get into his head tb might find themselves in a bit of a hole.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
you know both boston and tampa both would rather play jersey(or whoever ends up in the last wildcard spot) over playing the leafs. tampa we have had close game after close game. boston we have dominated all but one game in the last 2 years

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
could you guys imagine a .

San Jose - Toronto Stanley cup.

All the posters would have a bearded thornton looking at a clean shaven marleau

I think that be just fictional

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
could you guys imagine a .

San Jose - Toronto Stanley cup.

All the posters would have a bearded thornton looking at a clean shaven marleau

I think that be just fictional
Lou Lamoriello's rule about no beards does not apply for the playoffs. Take a look at this picture of the Devils when they won the Eastern Conference Championship in 2012.

Reactions: The MoNaRcH

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Lou Lamoriello's rule about no beards does not apply for the playoffs. Take a look at this picture of the Devils when they won the Eastern Conference Championship in 2012.

true enough, it would be one hell of a story tho. would be a double edged sword. the media would blow it up. two past superstars that went there opposite ways and met in the middle 1 year later

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
you know both boston and tampa both would rather play jersey(or whoever ends up in the last wildcard spot) over playing the leafs. tampa we have had close game after close game. boston we have dominated all but one game in the last 2 years

Multiple times against Tampa this year we have had 3-0 leads only to blow it (once). We have played both Tampa and Boston extremely well and i think we are in both of their heads. Who ever we play, i cant wait!

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

And that one game we dominated as well. They won on two pp with us not getting it done on pp. how often would you see us giving up 2 Pp goals in one game and scoring none on pp ourselves. Exactly.

Boston knows they are cooked if that is leafs in round one. For them it would be much preferred to get wc team, win quick, get healthy while waiting for tb-tor, which will be long series from looks of it. Instead they might be in tough battle with us with probable loss and even if they win then to face rested tb.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Barzal is officially a minus player now.
PPG but minus?
Says a lot about how bad his defence is.
#onewayplayer

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Shocking! And TB playing at home too...they might be a better opponent for us in the first round then.

Yeah certainly starting to look more and more that way and I was one who initially thought we'd be better off playing the Bruins....

Reactions: VanIsle

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Looks like the Pacific division is the weakest in the league...so much for a weak Atlantic Division...we got 3 powerhouses with a surging Florida Panthers team.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
I think that Boston will overtake Tampa. Tampa peaked too early, and Boston just won't stop. Not to mention the two games at hand/two points back thing. I'd rather play Tampa, since it seems like they are stumbling into the playoffs, and I would count out a team like Florida taking it to Boston in the first round. They are 16 - 6 -1 since Feb 1st, shutting out Boston at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->