Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Islanders on the brink of elimination. One more point by NJ and they're done. They really fell off in the last month.

I'll be surprised if Tavares re-signs TBH.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Islanders on the brink of elimination. One more point by NJ and they're done. They really fell off in the last month.

It's ok they still have Matthew Barzal and according to someone he's much better than Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner combined, because he had more total points in his rookie season. :sarcasm:

Reactions: carko32

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Tavares is hitting free agency unless he's a masochist.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
lol don't you know the main boards value one year sample size over two :sarcasm:
That's only if they are being compared to someone who plays for the Maple Leafs. Even if the Leafs had drafted Barzal and for some reason he was able to put up the same numbers we see today, the main boards would say let's see if he can do it again next season.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
That's only if they are being compared to someone who plays for the Maple Leafs. Even if the Leafs had drafted Barzal and for some reason he was able to put up the same numbers we see today, the main boards would say let's see if he can do it again next season.

Yep, not just the main boards, but I also noticed some folks on the other Canadian teams's forums refuse to talk about the Leafs when talking about top teams in the East (or in the league) even though we've been top 6 for along time now...lots of jealousy around with the Leafs being such a great team. **** them all, we're going for the Cup!

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yep, not just the main boards, but I also noticed some folks on the other Canadian teams's forums refuse to talk about the Leafs when talking about top teams in the East (or in the league) even though we've been top 6 for along time now...lots of jealousy around with the Leafs being such a great team. **** them all, we're going for the Cup!
In the end we know the Leafs are a top team and the standings don't lie, so let them be jealous at our success.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Marchand with another OT winner! Snipe top-right corner!
Jeez we might actually face Tampa after all.

That sounds like an interesting game to watch. Could be some playoff atmosphere just like the Jets and Preds game just had.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i hope Boston wins, because i really think Tampa/Leafs would be like an amazing high scoring series.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
i hope Boston wins, because i really think Tampa/Leafs would be like an amazing high scoring series.
I don't really mind either one. Although toppling Boston might be even more satisfying than Tampa. But in the end, both are good teams and I think both would be entertaining series.

On the other side of things.....what the heck happened to Dallas?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't really mind either one. Although toppling Boston might be even more satisfying than Tampa. But in the end, both are good teams and I think both would be entertaining series.

On the other side of things.....what the heck happened to Dallas?

right. like i flirt with both.
tampa will be high flying
boston will be a chess match.

both would be seven i think.

w/Dallas.. they are channelling their 2014 Leafs. i mean arguably you can say it's not 8 or whatever in regulation, but being this close to a playoff spot, and you tumble out of it is never, ever good.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
right. like i flirt with both.
tampa will be high flying
boston will be a chess match.

both would be seven i think.

w/Dallas.. they are channelling their 2014 Leafs. i mean arguably you can say it's not 8 or whatever in regulation, but being this close to a playoff spot, and you tumble out of it is never, ever good.
Dallas is basically capturing the opposite feeling of where we were last year. That crazy rush where you had to basically win every night to fight off the teams chasing you. But in their case...they just lost it and decided to never win again.

Going to be an exciting playoffs. Different types of opponent and series, but both likely to go 6 or 7 games. Anyone can win, just hope it will be us :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad