Around the League playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There were a very small handful of people who actually paid attention to post-deadline stats and score adjusted fenwick that predicted the Kings beating the Canucks. But that was a VERY small handful.

After they demolished the Canucks, a lot of analysts hopped on the bandwagon, as did like the entire city of Boston lol.

Splitting hairs but after the Canucks series most had projected--hoped, really--that the Blues would crush us (because presumably it would make them look more 'right' and less foolish). It wasn't until near the end of that series where most took notice.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Splitting hairs but after the Canucks series most had projected--hoped, really--that the Blues would crush us (because presumably it would make them look more 'right' and less foolish). It wasn't until near the end of that series where most took notice.

I do remember the 2012 Blues being MASSIVELY overrated heading into those playoffs.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

One ofor one trade that was leaked be media before completion. Friedman added later that Hornqvist's NMC was also an issue. Not sure about this for Pens, Matheson has 6 yrs vs 3 for Hornqvist.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I do remember the 2012 Blues being MASSIVELY overrated heading into those playoffs.

No squabble here. They were a regular season powerhouse though. But not battle tested yet and they cracked like an egg once we survived that first period. I just remember more than one pundit/poster/fan pointing out that the Blues weren't the Canucks and we were lucky there was only one Sedin, etc.

But still one of my favorite series' of all time, man they just teed off on each other.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
The Blues had a pretty ridiculous home record that season. Once the Kings removed that mental advantage they thought they had in Game 1 and then crushed them in the 1st period of Game 2, that's all she wrote.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick crushed the Blue's hopes in the first period of Game 1. It may have been a different series if St. Louis scored two or three goals in the first period of Game 1.

Quick saved the Kings bacon in the first period, and the period ended with the game tied 1-1.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Quick crushed the Blue's hopes in the first period of Game 1. It may have been a different series if St. Louis scored two or three goals in the first period of Game 1.

Quick saved the Kings bacon in the first period, and the period ended with the game tied 1-1.

After that first period my thought was honestly "well at least we won a round vs. the most hated team."

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
After that first period my thought was honestly "well at least we won a round vs. the most hated team."
Totally agree, and then Quick just kept playing great as he had all season and by the end of the first period of Game 2, Elliot was like swiss cheese.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

- LeBrun links Laine to Columbus, as well as Carolina having had discussions that didn't get very far. Montreal could use him but the Habs don't intend to enter the sweepstakes.
- Matt Dumba might be available for a 1st and a good, young player.
- Pietrangelo's rights might be moved so that the team trying to sign him can get him signed for 8 years with a lower AAV versus 7 years.
- Ovechkin is repping himself and has had preliminary talks about an extension.
- The NHLPA is creating a committee to negotiate with the league to go through the challenges they face to the start of next season.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Tampa Bay can put Dallas in a hammerlock in this series with another win tomorrow.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I would take a flyer on two-first-names. The price would have to be right and he'd have to really want to come here, because I'm sure he'd get better offers.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not that I want another road block for our players, but I think of Ryan's recent history and the resources this org poured into Brantt Mhyres, and between that and his relationships to Kopitar and southern california, it's a good fit. But it's like....eh. Ship sailed years ago.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i imagine he's due for a bit of a bounce back but not for $7M or whatever he was being paid.. years of being stuck in that tire fire has got to take a toll on a guy, he'll probably come back motivated but if he can maintain it is another question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->