What is the SCF matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There's two teams on the ice out there, and both want to win. Players don't pick and choose when they're going to be snake-bitten and whether or not the puck is going to bounce favorably for them as it's rolling down the opposing goaltenders back on its way into the net. I don't think anybody would try to claim Boston had outplayed St. Louis through two periods last night, but the Bruins cashed in their 5-on-3 while the Blues hadn't solved Rask despite several close calls.

I just don't see this as a case of the Blues not showing up in a big moment, not showing heart, etc. Boston was on their back foot for the majority of this game but Rask significantly outplayed Binnington. Not a whole lot more to it than that. Switch the 'tenders last night and the result is almost certainly the opposite. If I'm in that Blues dressing room, I'm reminding myself that Binnington hasn't had two bad games in a row in this series, nor has Rask had two good ones in a row. If the pattern holds, the Blues have the upper hand.

Blues were not bearing down on chances, not taking quality shots, not possessing the puck with authority, and they were passing off on scoring chances. I lost count at 20 the times the Blues turned a good offensive look to a turnover. They were bizarrely overplaying the puck. Rask was forced to make 1,2 difficult stops all night. The Blues were turning quality looks into muffin shots.

Look at the grit that Perron and Blais showed. Those two continued to dig deep and you could see their perseverance and extra efforts on almost every shift. Most Blues were invisible in this regard. ROR despicably so but Tarasenko doesn't escape attention as he was a ghost in this game. Schenn? Where was he?

The Blues had several PP's and generated one serious chance on the PP. They were pathetic with the man advantage as they have been all series. The Blues unfortunately are playing with a type of paralysis or they would have already won the series. In 3 games now in this series they have flat out CHOKED. Awful overall performances in games 1, 3, and now 6. It seemed like once the Bruins got the opening goal (thanks ROR) the Blues were paralyzed and expecting not to score. They showed zero confidence offensively. The result spoke to that.

ftr the Bruins are outscoring the Blues 21-14 in the series. A considerable margin considering a series being tied 3-3 and the Blues being pathetic on home ice two of the three games.

There were moments in the third period where the fans almost started booing the Blues effort in a potential SC winning game but then thought better of it and started cheering them off in the last minute.

But I can't imagine how disappointing, and how much of a letdown that game and game 3 were to Blues fans. No long suffering fan deserves that putrid level of play in two home games in a SC final. The Blues did this to themselves. If they don't pull out a win in Boston Blues suffering might go for another 50yrs.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Back to the beer sidebar. This site is funny and the beer reviews are pretty bang on.

10 Terrible Beers that Pollute the International Beer Scene

A shout out as well for singling out bad vomit beers like Corona, Fosters, Bud, Papst, Coors which are truly awful. Could never understand any of these beer fads but particularly Fosters (worse than Pilsner) and Corona. Could never get Corona. Simply an example of marketing. You couldn't pay me to drink any Mexican water but people figured the beer was good?

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Back to the beer sidebar. This site is funny and the beer reviews are pretty bang on.

A shout out as well for singling out bad vomit beers like Corona, Fosters, Bud, Papst, Coors which are truly awful. Could never understand any of these beer fads but particularly Fosters (worse than Pilsner) and Corona. Could never get Corona. Simply an example of marketing. You couldn't pay me to drink any Mexican water but people figured the beer was good?

The trick to enjoying Corona is to forget that some people call it beer. It's a nice light fizzy lime drink that you can pound all day when it's 30+ out.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Pabst is delicious and cheap. I’m fine with this group of losers not liking it.

Reactions: McRpro

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I'd rather drink water than this swill and better for it. As a rule I would not drink a US beer anyway and support their industry instead of Canadian Brew. No reason to.

If I do consume alcohol I prefer it be more palatable than watered down rubbing alcohol with undertones of puss filled drowned rats. .

Reactions: McFuhryous

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Was at a buddies on the weekend and his ‘beer fridge’ consisted of Heineken, Bud Light and Pabst. Un*****believeable, I’ll have to show him that article @Drivesaitl posted. Needless to say I pounded 4 Pabst’s, they’re not bad.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was at a buddies on the weekend and his ‘beer fridge’ consisted of Heineken, Bud Light and Pabst. Un*****believeable, I’ll have to show him that article @Drivesaitl posted. Needless to say I pounded 4 Pabst’s, they’re not bad.

How any self respecting Canadian that even claims to know what beer is would have only those 3 (or have them at all) in his beer fridge is sad.

What did he have on the Barbecue? Skewered rats? Did he serve catfood stew with lawn picked random mushrooms?

Plus that Pabst Blue Ribbon is Hipster beer. What is worse?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'd rather drink water than this swill and better for it. As a rule I would not drink a US beer anyway and support their industry instead of Canadian Brew. No reason to.

If I do consume alcohol I prefer it be more palatable than watered down rubbing alcohol with undertones of puss filled drowned rats. .

:laugh:

That was quite the mental image I just endured.

For the record, all beer sucks, imo (yeah, yeah flame away :DD).

Except Guinness. That one ain't bad.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
:laugh:

That was quite the mental image I just endured.

For the record, all beer sucks, imo (yeah, yeah flame away :DD).

Except Guinness. That one ain't bad.

I'm like that when I don't hold back..

Brits know their beer. Scots, even better.

Those people know how, and what, to drink. ;)

Yanks shouldn't have rebelled so much and thrown everything in the harbor. They'd have better stuff to drink probably. heh

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

You sound like an IPA drinker who wears skinny pants and talks about bands with only 200 followers.

Edit : I’m more of a beer lover. All beer is welcome to the sweet embrace of my belly.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But not Guinness out of a can. I don't know what it is, but the taste is just off compared to that of what comes out of the tap at a pub.

Especially a Brit pub. Now THOSE are Pubs. I especially like the ones that are hundreds of years old and all kinds of atmosphere.

A simple, but splendid moment in my life was being in the home of Robbie Burns, Ayr Scotland and draining splendid Scottish Brews in a fantastic pub while Wish you were here (complete album by Pink Floyd) was being played. Somebody must have known me. I thought I was at heavens gates.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
How any self respecting Canadian that even claims to know what beer is would have only those 3 (or have them at all) in his beer fridge is sad.

What did he have on the Barbecue? Skewered rats? Did he serve catfood stew with lawn picked random mushrooms?

Plus that Pabst Blue Ribbon is Hipster beer. What is worse?
Hipster beer? Never heard that one before. You sure have a lot to say about bad beer, what do you consider good beer?
I’ll just ignore your BBQ comments.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Pabst isn't cheap because it's good beer, its dirt beer that people on minimum wage (like myself) can regularly afford.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You sound like an IPA drinker who wears skinny pants and talks about bands with only 200 followers.

pfft. ;) Melvins ftr allday and I can brew my own. Nah, I'm not for spending lots on beer. I'm a good cider or Rum type. Can drink a good Scotch though.

Strongbow Dry Cider, very tall glass, on the rocks. Perfect summer drink. No hangover because so little sugar. Really goes down nice.

Crank it!

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
pfft. ;) Melvins ftr allday and I can brew my own. Nah, I'm not for spending lots on beer. I'm a good cider or Rum type. Can drink a good Scotch though.

Strongbow Dry Cider, very tall glass, on the rocks. Perfect summer drink. No hangover because so little sugar. Really goes down nice.

Crank it!

Haha I like all of this here as well. I’m drinking an AGD right now actually. Not half bad!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hipster beer? Never heard that one before. You sure have a lot to say about bad beer, what do you consider good beer?
I’ll just ignore your BBQ comments.

Most beer today is hogwash because of all the Brewery takeovers. Its hard to get even Canadian beer today that is as good as it formerly was. Blame Oligarchy and big business and US and other interests buying up the beer world.

But really why would any Canadian decide to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon instead of Pilsner. Not that I'm advocating the latter but if cheap is all anybody is after its as good as any of the low priced beers and identical price per bottle to Blue Ribbon. In a blind taste test you'd prefer Pilsner. Pretty much guaranteed. People just associate it with Sask RoughRiders or something.

By and large the quality control isn't as good anymore and the variety of the Big *Canadian* brewers isn't as good anymore. Back in the day even stuff like Molson Export or Edmonton Export was good and that shit was fresh, and tasted fresh. People now don't even know the taste of mass produced domestic beer that is recently brewed. The reason beers like the bolded was so fresh is delivery was within Edmonton and that stuff flew off the shelves. With everybody here drinking it. Bet you didn't know Edmonton had its own mass produced beer back then. One of the additional differencess back then was there was only ALCB outlets. There weren't hundreds of Liquor venders in the city. This meant stock sold SOON. Harder to find a store, but better, fresher product was on the shelves.

You could buy offsales directly from Molsons brewery. That was the freaking best for fresh brew. You get it before its even been delivered. Can't do that anymore.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Especially a Brit pub. Now THOSE are Pubs. I especially like the ones that are hundreds of years old and all kinds of atmosphere.

A simple, but splendid moment in my life was being in the home of Robbie Burns, Ayr Scotland and draining splendid Scottish Brews in a fantastic pub while Wish you were here (complete album by Pink Floyd) was being played. Somebody must have known me. I thought I was at heavens gates.

Thats pretty a pretty cool experience.

Closest I've been are Irish pubs in Alberta with clever Irish names like "O'Flanagan's" with Irish gaelic melodies from the Foo Fighters playing over the in house speakers (;)). Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the pubs were hundreds of days old and not years as well-lol.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Most beer today is hogwash because of all the Brewery takeovers. Its hard to get even Canadian beer today that is as good as it formerly was. Blame Oligarchy and big business and US and other interests buying up the beer world.

But really why would any Canadian decide to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon instead of Pilsner. Not that I'm advocating the latter but if cheap is all anybody is after its as good as any of the low priced beers and identical price per bottle to Blue Ribbon. In a blind taste test you'd prefer Pilsner. Pretty much guaranteed. People just associate it with Sask RoughRiders or something.

By and large the quality control isn't as good anymore and the variety of the Big *Canadian* brewers isn't as good anymore. Back in the day even stuff like Molson Export or Edmonton Export was good and that **** was fresh, and tasted fresh. People now don't even know the taste of mass produced domestic beer that is recently brewed. The reason beers like the bolded was so fresh is delivery was within Edmonton and that stuff flew off the shelves. With everybody here drinking it. Bet you didn't know Edmonton had its own beer back then.
I think Pilsner is great beer, been drinking that for decades. I have an old green Pilsner t-shirt that the wife absolutely hates and I wear it way too often lol.
Miller is also cheap and I have no problem pounding those down, better than Pabst imo.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thats pretty a pretty cool experience.

Closest I've been are Irish pubs in Alberta with clever Irish names like "O'Flanagan's" with Irish gaelic melodies from the Foo Fighters playing over the in house speakers (;)). Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the pubs were hundreds of days old and not years as well-lol.

Yeah, its hard to get excited about Sherlock Holmes or Elephant and Castle or such when you been in the real McCoy. That's both good and bad I guess. Its good because I don't frequent those places in North America. My liver would have more difficulty if I lived in the UK, lol.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think Pilsner is great beer, been drinking that for decades. I have an old green Pilsner t-shirt that the wife absolutely hates and I wear it way too often lol.
Miller is also cheap and I have no problem pounding those down, better than Pabst imo.

That's true love right there.

She hates the shirt, yet it's right back in the tshirt drawer on laundry day.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah, its hard to get excited about Sherlock Holmes or Elephant and Castle or such when you been in the real McCoy. That's both good and bad I guess. Its good because I don't frequent those places in North America. My liver would have more difficulty if I lived in the UK, lol.

Scotland is definitely on the bucket list of places to go before the sands in my glass of time run out. But more to check out the castles and of course take in a visit/tour of Loch Ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad