GDT: Around the League: Playoff Edition Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Isles would have killed either one of these teams, they should make short work of the Canes.

Never seen anything quite like this. A Columbus-Colorado final is as likely as anything else at this point. This feels a lot like the LA-New Jersey year where you had that god-awful Coyotes team in the conference final, Pittsburgh and Chicago both got rolled up in round one, etc.

Reactions: TB12

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Some of the best records in the last half of the season are left. Don't back into the playoffs, I guess. If you're gonna suck do it in December.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Isles would have killed either one of these teams, they should make short work of the Canes.

Never seen anything quite like this. A Columbus-Colorado final is as likely as anything else at this point. This feels a lot like the LA-New Jersey year where you had that god-awful Coyotes team in the conference final, Pittsburgh and Chicago both got rolled up in round one, etc.

I'm thinking whoever wins Dallas/St Louis is the favorite, tbh.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I'm thinking whoever wins Dallas/St Louis is the favorite, tbh.

If ever the seas have parted for St. Louis to finally end their drought, this is it. There truly are no "great" teams left IMO. Whoever wins the Cup will go down as one of the least likely winners of all time.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If ever the seas have parted for St. Louis to finally end their drought, this is it. There truly are no "great" teams left IMO. Whoever wins the Cup will go down as one of the least likely winners of all time.

SJ too. I hope it's a Blues/SJ conference final, and they can battle it out for a chance to end their drought.

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If Benn and Seguin keep playing like they did in R1 the Stars are a legit contender. Defense is flying, Bishop having a Vezina year. Only reason they're a wild card is because their forwards didn't show up in the regular season, but they showed up in the first round.

First blush I'd take Stars, Avs, Isles, and Blue Jackets this round. Maybe Boston wakes up again but I wasn't impressed with them in the first round.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
One of the 1260 guys is 0-8 on his playoff predictions now lol

At the rate these playoffs have been going - I think the majority of people could have thrown darts blind folded at a dart board to decide who won the first round series and probably have been more accurate than educated prediction.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
San Jose was very unimpressive outside of game 1. MacK will eat them for breakfast.

Thinking the same right now, tbh. Also still don't have any faith in Jones, or the Sharks in general in the defensive zone. Unless the whistles go away the Avs first line is going to be skating circles.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
SJ too. I hope it's a Blues/SJ conference final, and they can battle it out for a chance to end their drought.

True, I can't see Martin Jones holding up though. They might beat a weak Colorado team that is prone to wild inconsistency, but I think Dallas is the biggest stumbling block to St. Louis.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They beat Vegas who lots of people picked to come out of the west. It’s going to be a good series. Go avs go but it’s not going to be a cake walk.
Jones had one great game and 6 very average ones. He won’t take them very far. I just don’t think of the Sharks as an impressive team. The Avs absolutely murdered the Flames, and the Sharks aren’t a very fast team.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
and this is why "making the playoffs" is the goal
Nashville made it to the Finals as a WC a couple years ago and now the playoffs are chaos

the margins are so thin in a cap system, it's anyone's time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->