Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So apparently Jake Voracek made a tweet in response to an HF Boards poster making a negative post about him in their post game thread on the Flyers HF forum. So apparently players really do read this board. With that, I can only say to Ryan Murphy and Cam Ward that I am sorry for all of my posts the last few years. When I should have been building you up, I was tearing you down.

I like to think Skinner reads our draft thread every day when he wakes up in the morning and his sole motivation in life is to shove his successes up our collective keisters.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
So apparently Jake Voracek made a tweet in response to an HF Boards poster making a negative post about him in their post game thread on the Flyers HF forum. So apparently players really do read this board. With that, I can only say to Ryan Murphy and Cam Ward that I am sorry for all of my posts the last few years. When I should have been building you up, I was tearing you down.

i hpoe the hcanes boys like me

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I like to think Skinner reads our draft thread every day when he wakes up in the morning and his sole motivation in life is to shove his successes up our collective keisters.

Wait, I know we were joking saying it was Kev's fault when the Canes named 2 captains, but now I think they read his post saying let's assume they aren't going to do something stupid like name 2 captains. :amazed: Now it's clear they READ that post and did it just to troll us all so it really is Kev's fault.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Wait, I know we were joking saying it was Kev's fault when the Canes named 2 captains, but now I think they read his post saying let's assume they aren't going to do something stupid like name 2 captains. :amazed: Now it's clear they READ that post and did it just to troll us all so it really is Kev's fault.

I can see it now:
Bill: "Well, it's too soon for Aho or Slavin, but those guys get it. It's a matter of time, but with Jordan, Jeff, and the Justins in the room it just wouldn't be the right time."

Ron: "I know, and we're still not any closer to making a decision here now that Willy said he doesn't want it."

Bill: "And we already told people that we're going to have a captain this year, to just roll with 3-4 'A's again wou..."

(Sebastain Aho barges in to the room laughing)

Aho: "Oh my god, just saw the most hilarious thing on HF you guys"

Ron: "We're figuring out the Captain he..."

Aho: "I know, I know, that's what this is about. See one of the guys on HF said 'If anyone is going to split captains, it would be the Canes, but let's go on the assumption that they're not going to do something stupid' so what if we did that? It would be the most trollish thing ever, even better then me telling people they were pronouncing my name wrong last year just to mess with them."

Ron: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard... ok count me in"

Bill: "f*** it, me too. Justin and Jordan?"

Ron: "Sure why not"

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I can see it now:
Bill: "Well, it's too soon for Aho or Slavin, but those guys get it. It's a matter of time, but with Jordan, Jeff, and the Justins in the room it just wouldn't be the right time."

Ron: "I know, and we're still not any closer to making a decision here now that Willy said he doesn't want it."

Bill: "And we already told people that we're going to have a captain this year, to just roll with 3-4 'A's again wou..."

(Sebastain Aho barges in to the room laughing)

Aho: "Oh my god, just saw the most hilarious thing on HF you guys"

Ron: "We're figuring out the Captain he..."

Aho: "I know, I know, that's what this is about. See one of the guys on HF said 'If anyone is going to split captains, it would be the Canes, but let's go on the assumption that they're not going to do something stupid' so what if we did that? It would be the most trollish thing ever, even better then me telling people they were pronouncing my name wrong last year just to mess with them."

Ron: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard... ok count me in"

Bill: "**** it, me too. Justin and Jordan?"

Ron: "Sure why not"
Now I am convinced it happened like this

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

I'm all for scapegoating someone that isn't me. Damn that rascal Kev!!!

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
So Pickard cleared waivers, I am bit shocked about that, but well okey, he is not a world beater, but could be a decent back-up for 1 million. He looked good at World Championships

I can name few teams who could use him, like Pens, Leafs, Wild, Kings, Avs, Oilers
For Philly he could even challenge for starter role if both of Elliot and Neuvirth are dodgy like last season

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He's at best meh. I couldn't believe avs fans freaked about exposing him versus Varly. He couldn't make being backup for Vegas, that says something. Subban isn't a very good goaltender yet either, but they like him better.

Never been impressed with Pickard. Had hopes of course, but he never really came close to me.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

I take full responsibility. If I had known this was even possible, obviously, I would not have done it.

The question now obviously becomes, how do we use our power for good, and not evil?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The question now obviously becomes, how do we use our power for good, and not evil?

First obvious answer is line combinations, defensive pairings, and starting goalies. But I think we have to do some reverse psychology and make them think we want what we don't want so they do the opposite.....

....WARD NEEDS TO START EVERY GAME ON DAYS ENDING IN 'Y"!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad