Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
"New" Sens logo.
Ottawa-Senators-New-Logo-2020-2021-sportslogosnet-1.jpg

New Sens' jersey.
ottawa-senators-new-uniforms-new-logo-2020-2021-sportslogosnet-jersey-leak.jpg

these are absolute garbage. the logo's an improvement of the recent logo, but the logo was never, ever any good. the needle-nosed senator? those weird lips? the giant red cockscomb?

You had two great options at your disposal. I'd have been happy with using a cleaned-up version of the O jersey.

331081618_01_a

Get rid of the waist stripes. Thicken up the top and bottom of the O. it's great.

I always wanted the Sens to use the Ottawa Nationals' logo and jersey. i still think it's absolutely incredible.
Tom%20Martin%20WHA%20Ottawa%20Nationals%20PIC%203.jpg

the clavicle stripes, the colour, the logo. If you want, just make the N an S for "Senators" and everyone is happy.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Don't care who wins the finals. Vegas is out!

But the Islanders put up such an awesome fight, nothing but respect for them.

But... if I had to cheer for somebody, I'll probably cheer for Tampa considering it'd be the best to see Stamkos win a cup.

I don't think he will even get his name on it if he doesnt play.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
"New" Sens logo.
Ottawa-Senators-New-Logo-2020-2021-sportslogosnet-1.jpg

New Sens' jersey.
ottawa-senators-new-uniforms-new-logo-2020-2021-sportslogosnet-jersey-leak.jpg

these are absolute garbage. the logo's an improvement of the recent logo, but the logo was never, ever any good. the needle-nosed senator? those weird lips? the giant red cockscomb?

You had two great options at your disposal. I'd have been happy with using a cleaned-up version of the O jersey.

331081618_01_a

Get rid of the waist stripes. Thicken up the top and bottom of the O. it's great.

I always wanted the Sens to use the Ottawa Nationals' logo and jersey. i still think it's absolutely incredible.
Tom%20Martin%20WHA%20Ottawa%20Nationals%20PIC%203.jpg

the clavicle stripes, the colour, the logo. If you want, just make the N an S for "Senators" and everyone is happy.

I love the O Jersey. That new one is horrible. I don't understand why teams pick such ugly looks sometimes. Who comes up with this shit? They changed it because it wasn't selling. Yeah I'm sure the look of your Jersey is the reason you arent selling jerseys and not the fact that you're a terrible team with a penny pinching owner.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't think he will even get his name on it if he doesnt play.

You need to play half the games in the regular season, on top of that is the teams' captain and has played over ten seasons for them.

Savard had his name on the cup for Boston too...

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Saw that Mc Cann signed for 2.9 million, which seemed low to me for a 3c, especially as Tanev signed for 3.5 million. Gives me hope that Lowry's number won't be too high. If I were re-signing Lurch I'd probably go 5 years/3.5 million AAV.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I love the O Jersey. That new one is horrible. I don't understand why teams pick such ugly looks sometimes. Who comes up with this shit? They changed it because it wasn't selling. Yeah I'm sure the look of your Jersey is the reason you arent selling jerseys and not the fact that you're a terrible team with a penny pinching owner.

I don't know how you can have a big zero on your jersey. That's awful. Colour scheme is traditional at least. Problem is that Senators is a pretty terrible nickname, how do you make it sell? Maybe an image of an empty building with money burning away.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
God, the anthem singers are terrible

the American anthem sounded like a wannabe singer for the voice and the Canadian anthem singer sang if she had other plans ......:facepalm:

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
The Lightning have had some hard physical series with the Jackets and then the Isles was a real battle. Not surprised to see they don't have their legs tonight, can they find them again though?
I think Dallas comes out twice as hard next game. I can see the grit game Dallas plays just being too much for a tired Tampa team.... And has Seguin fallen off a cliff?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dallas were not as good as Colorado but the Avs goaltending imploded. Vegas was the better team but Dallas was living right in that series and the better team lost thank god. Now Dallas gets a tired and battered Lightning team. Gump Khudobin is on fire which is great to watch. Seems like an awesome character.

I am expecting the lightning to come out flying next game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
How did they reduce pay to the GMs and coaches when those people have signed contracts?

Mutual agreement.
I heard in some cases they were presented with a choice. Either you guys take a cut or some other people will have to be laid off.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I kinda want to see the leafs sign him just to see what a team looks like with half their cap tied up in 4 guys

:laugh: They already have almost exactly that ~40.5 in AM, JT, MM and WN. Somehow add AP for 9.5 and it is 50 out of 81.5 in 5 players. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know how you can have a big zero on your jersey. That's awful. Colour scheme is traditional at least. Problem is that Senators is a pretty terrible nickname, how do you make it sell? Maybe an image of an empty building with money burning away.

Yup, Senators is a terrible name. Obvious because they are the national capitol. But there is no good visualization of a Senator. Some old political hack, asleep in his chair in the Senate Chamber. :laugh: How is a Roman Senator an appropriate symbol? Seriously, how?

Instead of changing their logo, they should change the team name. IDK what to, Lumberjacks, River Pirates, Polar Bears, Rough Riders.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Yup, Senators is a terrible name. Obvious because they are the national capitol. But there is no good visualization of a Senator. Some old political hack, asleep in his chair in the Senate Chamber. :laugh: How is a Roman Senator an appropriate symbol? Seriously, how?

Instead of changing their logo, they should change the team name. IDK what to, Lumberjacks, River Pirates, Polar Bears, Rough Riders.
Blackreds

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Now Lumberjacks that's a hockey nickname. Better when you could lay the lumber on someone, but still, that's a manly name. Senators, well you go to the senate when you have done your political duty, and you get paid well for doing nothing. I'm not sure that is a good allegory for hockey.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->