Around the League part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Don't care who wins the finals. Vegas is out!

But the Islanders put up such an awesome fight, nothing but respect for them.

But... if I had to cheer for somebody, I'll probably cheer for Tampa considering it'd be the best to see Stamkos win a cup.

As a Lightning fan I agree, but as stated before, Dallas earned my respect for dispatching f*** vegas!!! I wouldn’t even be upset if they won.

That said, it would be kinda cool if Tampa won because that would make all top 5 selections from the 2008 draft Stanley Cup Champions.

Stamkos, Bogosian and Schenn would be joining Doughty and Pieterangelo!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Bogosian is a clear weak link on Tampa. Kinda sucks to see how far he's fallen. All those injuries I guess

BOGO has been really good in Tampa. Last night he had a few challenging moments but he is easily the third best Jet D.

Sorry, 4th best Jet D. I forgot about Kuli.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
BOGO has been really good in Tampa. Last night he had a few challenging moments but he is easily the third best Jet D.

That’s not saying much haha

I’d peg him at around Booloo or Sbisa

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Well, considering you have Kuli as our #3 and Bogo would be our #4, that confirms Chevy has a lot to do with this D this offseason. Neither should be higher than 5 or 6, on a decent d corps.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Amazing what playing with probably the best defenceman in the game right now does for a guy,

Yeah Hedman could carry a pylon on a string to a serviceable defencemen. I don't think there is any debate, Hedman is the best defencemen in the NHL right now.

He's at 9 goals now in 19 games, which is tied for 3rd all time with Brad Park and Bobby Orr. 2nd is Leetch with 11 and 1st is Coffey with 12. Hedman will have at least 4 more games to get 3 more goals to tie the record.

The guy is just a monster. He easily goes 1st overall in 09 redraft.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Amazing what playing with probably the best defenceman in the game right now does for a guy,
I agree. Bogo was awful in games 5 and 6, but other than that he at least looks like a serviceable bottom pairing guy. Makes stupid plays and is slow, but is physical and still has a good hard shot. Hedman is a huge help.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Yeah Hedman could carry a pylon on a string to a serviceable defencemen. I don't think there is any debate, Hedman is the best defencemen in the NHL right now.

He's at 9 goals now in 19 games, which is tied for 3rd all time with Brad Park and Bobby Orr. 2nd is Leetch with 11 and 1st is Coffey with 12. Hedman will have at least 4 more games to get 3 more goals to tie the record.

The guy is just a monster. He easily goes 1st overall in 09 redraft.
And he’s signed for under $8M cap hit for next 4 or 5 years. Great contract.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Absolutely, but to his credit Bogosian also isn't forcing plays or taking unnecessary risks. You can see him defer to Hedman on breakouts a lot of the time. He's still good at breaking up a cycle with his physical play but I haven't seen him step up at the line to make a big hit much (so he's no longer playing like a hyper Mark Stuart like he was at the end of his time with the Jets). He's basically their version of Chiarot, who has made a career off of playing a simple physical game supporting a star D partner.

It'll be interesting to see if he can get a contract this off-season though. Maybe Tampa keeps him for league minimum to play beside Hedman again next year.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Absolutely, but to his credit Bogosian also isn't forcing plays or taking unnecessary risks. You can see him defer to Hedman on breakouts a lot of the time. He's still good at breaking up a cycle with his physical play but I haven't seen him step up at the line to make a big hit much (so he's no longer playing like a hyper Mark Stuart like he was at the end of his time with the Jets). He's basically their version of Chiarot, who has made a career off of playing a simple physical game supporting a star D partner.

It'll be interesting to see if he can get a contract this off-season though. Maybe Tampa keeps him for league minimum to play beside Hedman again next year.

Well he can afford to play extremely safe with Hedman out there. He's playing a role he couldn't play with another team or partner. Great situation for him there.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I imagine Toronto tries to clear space for him sharp-ish. Rielly and Pietrangelo would be an incredible top pairing.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

I imagine Toronto tries to clear space for him sharp-ish. Rielly and Pietrangelo would be an incredible top pairing.

Maybe we can be persuaded to take Tavares as a cap dump? A 7th sounds right :sarcasm:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
If the Leafs want Pietrangelo they will need to shed a lot of salary, they need to re sign Andersen after the upcoming season and Reilly the year after that and he wont be giving them a home town discount this time around.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Take a look at Justin Faulk's HockeyDB for this season if you want to see why Petro is leaving, too. OOF. You hate to see it but good to see the Blues take a step back if he does leave.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If the Leafs want Pietrangelo they will need to shed a lot of salary, they need to re sign Andersen after the upcoming season and Reilly the year after that and he wont be giving them a home town discount this time around.

As the Leafs are my second team (please don't @ me), there's a lot of talk that they will move on from Andersen, perhaps even this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad