Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Muffin shot

That is his shot btw, he hits the knob of the goalie’s stick more than any player I’ve ever seen. He might legitimately have 10 more career goals if goalies weren’t allowed to tape there.

I’ve never agreed that he has a muffin shot, I think he has a good release in a vacuum (situations like those) but it doesn’t come through in the normal flow of play.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Muffin shot

As someone who was/is a big Lindholm fan, don't expect him to score too many of those.

He's simply not a great shooter. Even that shot didn't look that great to me. But what do I know, I've only watched Lindy for 4-5 years.

Even Svechnikov had a similar goal yesterday but on the opposite side as a left handed shooter. But wasn't too impressive beating the goalie short side. Should have had gone to the Buffalo board and told them they will regret taking Dahlin over him because of it though.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
That is his shot btw, he hits the knob of the goalie’s stick more than any player I’ve ever seen. He might legitimately have 10 more career goals if goalies weren’t allowed to tape there.

I’ve never agreed that he has a muffin shot, I think he has a good release in a vacuum (situations like those) but it doesn’t come through in the normal flow of play.

Somehow it will in Calgary just to spite us.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hmmmm

48296835-DAE4-45C5-BDAB-1F916B941B01.jpeg

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Thought this was interesting on Kruger last year and Bill Peters (from an Athletic article about opinions on CHI this year):

Scout 3: I don’t think Bill Peters liked him in Carolina. I don’t think it was an organizational decision. Once Bill shit on him, I don’t think he ever recovered. He lost all of his confidence and then he was hurt at the end of the year. It was a big mistake by Carolina. I think he can play and be a fourth-line center on any team.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah, I got off my high horses quickly. Smith looked like absolute crap.

Not sure how things are going in Calgary but Peters system here seemed to limit a lot of chances but gave up a lot of room in the slot or odd man rushes making goalies look worse than they actually were.

The team always collapsed in the 3rd too. How has Calgary been this preseason?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Not sure how things are going in Calgary but Peters system here seemed to limit a lot of chances but gave up a lot of room in the slot or odd man rushes making goalies look worse than they actually were.

Really iffy. Last 2 games, flames gave up goals after taking a lead (still beat San Jose 4-3), and blew a 3-1 lead against Edmonton in the 2nd period. We've also won/lost in OT games in which we were trailing in, so its weird. I noticed the Flames early on in the pre-season were giving up a lot of odd man rushes, but that seems to be cut down dramatically. Goaltending has been like in the 870-880SV% range, but the flames have been scoring a lot as well, and most of the GA's have been really goddamn fluky. Overall 4-3-3 record.

Its pre-season, so I can't judge Peters until I start seeing the regular season. But there have been a lot of question marks with our goaltending heading into the season, so idk if I can blame him on that. The one thing that REALLY needs to be fixed is the PP which is running at a horrific 12% this pre-season (PK was really good until this game, and I believe that was more because of the people they ran on it this time).

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Thanks for the feedback. From what I recall Flames fans were really fond of Smith on average?

Well yeah, he carried our team the first half of last season with a 926SV% before gradually falling back to Earth and then completely falling off a cliff once he came back from his injury. Lot of question marks surrounding him, but he was pretty terrible last pre-season and turned it on in the regular season. I'd be more concerned with the fact that Smith is an injury risk and our backup situation is pretty dire with nobody solidifying it.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I still haven't quite gotten over that opening-night loss in Winnipeg 2 years ago (actually I have but still). They win that game it's a big momentum boost for the season.

Instead, they folded like a cheap tent. Did the same thing again the next night too in Vancouver :facepalm:

And don't get me started on the San Jose game last year :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad