Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Canes players putting it all out their for their netminder

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Somehow the score is 2-2 since the Leafs' zamboni driver came into the game to play goalie against the Leafs. Amazing.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I dunno that Boudreau would want to work for Dubas, as much as the Leafs are his dream job. I mean, how could you tell those young guys anything, when they are making huge gobs of money and they haven't accomplished anything. He would be like Hitchcock in EDM, perceived as a dinosaur, and be the first one dismissed.

Better he waits till Dubas is fired, THEN he comes in like a White knight on a charger on the tails of a no nonsense GM who makes some serious moves.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I dunno that Boudreau would want to work for Dubas, as much as the Leafs are his dream job. I mean, how could you tell those young guys anything, when they are making huge gobs of money and they haven't accomplished anything. He would be like Hitchcock in EDM, perceived as a dinosaur, and be the first one dismissed.

Better he waits till Dubas is fired, THEN he comes in like a White knight on a charger on the tails of a no nonsense GM who makes some serious moves.
Dubas and his analytics have to go 1st
Leafs should hire Shero, hire Boudreau let them get try to fix the primmadonnas, if they can't be fixed he'll ship them out.
Best thing for Leafs is to get a couple guys like the Folino brothers to take over the locker room and set an example.
Those Leafs are more worried about how they dress than how they play

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

“I thought I wasn’t going to be nervous if it ever happened,” a jubilant Ayres, who had shed his Leafs shirt for a black Hurricanes replacement, said of getting into the net as the emergency fill-in not long after his night concluded. “But I was nervous for the whole second period, as you could tell, I couldn’t stop a puck if I had to in the second.”

John Tavares beat him five-hole on the first shot. “He psyched me out!” Ayres said of the Leafs captain. “I thought he was gonna go high-blocker on me.”
When he got into the visitors’ dressing room, Ayres had a message for his new Hurricanes teammates. “When I come out in the third, I’ll be ready to go,” he said.

Did the Hurricanes have any idea who he was? “Course not,” Teravainen said. “I heard he’s Davey.”

The Canes all told Davey just to have fun with it. “Don’t worry how many goals go in. Just enjoy it,” they said. “This is your moment, have fun with it.”

He did.
As you might expect, the Hurricanes were an excited bunch as they left the ice. “Unreal,” one member of the team said.

“Davey! Davey!” some chanted.

Ayres was about to join them in the dressing room himself when he was turned around by the Scotiabank Arena game crew. He was named first star of the game and had to take another spin for the crowd.

Then came an interview on Hockey Night in Canada with Kyle Bukauskas.

When Ayres finally made it into the room he was doused with water by his new (and temporary) teammates and cheered loudly.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Does anyone know if he gets a game check?
Yes he does, the reason emergency goaltenders generally sit somewhere in back is because of that fact.

Sitting in back waiting just in case gets them around $500, but sitting on the bench would get them full league minimum pay for the game. Going on the ice is the same.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Yes he does, the reason emergency goaltenders generally sit somewhere in back is because of that fact.

Sitting in back waiting just in case gets them around $500, but sitting on the bench would get them full league minimum pay for the game. Going on the ice is the same.
Thanks for the info. Pretty awesome. Can we trade Dub's for him? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad