Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
People love to adjust for eras... Gretzky adjusted to today's era is still over 165pts. If that means anything.

I can't account for what McDavid is doing this year in such an odd format. I doubt he does this in any normal year.

It's just the Lebron vs Jordan argument for the NHL.

And as amazing as McDavid is, what Gretzky did was still on a whole other level.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What would that kind of buy low situation look like do you think? 2 years left at $6.375 Million
Dumba straight up. That might actually be more than Monahan's worth, but it would work for us, and work for them, to a certain extent. The other way to go is to give them a non Rossi C prospect/1st, Rask(cap), and something like Beckman.

Dumba just seems like such a fit for both sides, unless CAL is determined to get a C coming back, but I don't see how they can expect much given the circumstances.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Dumba straight up. That might actually be more than Monahan's worth, but it would work for us, and work for them, to a certain extent. The other way to go is to give them a non Rossi C prospect/1st, Rask(cap), and something like Beckman.

Dumba just seems like such a fit for both sides, unless CAL is determined to get a C coming back, but I don't see how they can expect much given the circumstances.
I was thinking along the lines of someone like Beckman too, I do think he has a future in the NHL but a late 1st plus him would be worth it to see if Monahan can turn things around. Will be interesting to see if there are more deals before or after the ED and teams know where they are at after all of the posturing.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yep.

I would caution people a bit about strutting too much on a regular season record against a team.
True. And the refs love them. I'd still rather face them simply because I hate the Avs with the heat of 1000 suns. That is one thing that has remained constant over the past couple decades.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Colorado is in an interesting spot.

Tomorrow is the 2nd of a back-to-back, but Grubauer didn't get a ton of action (only 18 shots). Don't want to risk injury to Grubauer, but a bad Dubnyk start could knock them out of 1st (and lose home ice in the 2nd round). Consolation to that would be facing us vs. facing St. Louis. Is that worth having prospective game 7 against Vegas on the road?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
:eek:

I know that identical twins have a bond that the rest of us can't comprehend. But my god, are these two ever not in the same room at the same time?

Reactions: Nsjohnson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->