Status
Not open for further replies.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Karlsson injury got by AP report. Yikes. :cry:

BDCArO3CQAA2l_K.png:large

Crows*

good god.......... that is horrific.

not a malicious play by cooke though. The guy will be ripped for it though on and off the ice.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Great, now I need to pick up another defenseman.

Lacerated Achilles tendon wow. That is a major injury, he's going to be out for a long time. Tendon injuries are notoriously difficult to rehab. The tendon will likely be shortened, mobility limited, and then it's getting used to it on the ice for a while.

Really bad break for OTT.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I _really_ liked how Neil responded to Cooke there. It's not going to bring Karlsson off injury, but he made it clear that the play was unacceptable. That resonates. It's not wonder that fans consider Neil the heart and soul of OTT. It's very clear to see.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Man, remember how long it took Bieksa to come back from his achilles injury? And how long it took him to get back up to speed?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I _really_ liked how Neil responded to Cooke there. It's not going to bring Karlsson off injury, but he made it clear that the play was unacceptable. That resonates. It's not wonder that fans consider Neil the heart and soul of OTT. It's very clear to see.

Yeah... can we bubble wrap our players for the rest of the season? I'd die if something like that happened to Edler. OTT fans are probably feeling pretty hollow right now.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah... can we bubble wrap our players for the rest of the season? I'd die if something like that happened to Edler. OTT fans are probably feeling pretty hollow right now.

I'd probably curl up in a ball eating ice cream in my bed and not emerge from my room for a couple of days.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

What Cooke was trying to do was more than acceptable. Aaron Ward showed a few examples from just the Flames/Stars game after one period that looked exactly like what Cooke was trying to do. It was a hockey play, it unfortunately ended in the worst.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
Morrow scores, 5-3. Somehow I am confident the Flames can blow this.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Man, remember how long it took Bieksa to come back from his achilles injury? And how long it took him to get back up to speed?

But he did.
It's not gonna be easy at all, but Karlsson is still young, so here's to hoping he gets back to dominating again and even if it takes him a year and a bit to get back to that elite level, he'll be 24 (possibly 23 if he makes a speedy recovery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->