Around the League: Is it too late to scoreboard watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
My freshman "15" didn't really kick in until after I quit college to focus on eating, drinking, smoking, and being a general lazy ass.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
6'0 and too much

The-Manliest-Penalty-In-Sports.jpg

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
6' 1" 140, Freshman 15 hasn't quite kicked in for me

Damn. We must have severely different body types.

I weighed 140 when I was in the hospital with stomach issues for not eating for two weeks and my rib cage was showing.

Now because of that I have no metabolism and my weight fluctuates anywhere from 160-190 over the course of a couple months.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I was looking for it more as a test to see where RF is heading, not some season changing acquisition.

Picking up someone else's leftovers rather than giving one of ours a chance seems like a JR move. But that's just my thoughts. I probably would have given it at least a short term chance with him given our situation, bit I don't care that much.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Who has JR picked up on waivers over the years (serious question). The ones I think were picked up that I remember in recent times were Nodl, Samsonov, and Adam Hall. I realize he has picked up other guys/reclamation projects over they years (either via trade or signing), was just curious as I don't remember a lot of waiver claims by JR.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Who has JR picked up on waivers over the years (serious question). The ones I think were picked up that I remember in recent times were Nodl, Samsonov, and Adam Hall. I realize he has picked up other guys/reclamation projects over they years (either via trade or signing), was just curious as I don't remember a lot of waiver claims by JR.

Only other one I can think of is Zach Boychuk.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Only other one I can think of is Zach Boychuk.

Yeah, I thought of him but wasn't counting him because JR initially tried to send him to the minors through waivers and he was a Canes prospect, just took a longer route. :laugh: I was thinking more of picking up guys from other teams when they are waived with the intent of playing them on the NHL roster.

I know we got Jussi via trade (after he passed through waivers), but can't think of many other waiver pickups off the top of my head.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Meh. Those plus Bodie I think are enough for me. Not to mention looking at most other waiver transactions. It's just not a big deal to me.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

Adam Hall... wasn't that the guy we had for like a week?

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
Damn. We must have severely different body types.

I weighed 140 when I was in the hospital with stomach issues for not eating for two weeks and my rib cage was showing.

Now because of that I have no metabolism and my weight fluctuates anywhere from 160-190 over the course of a couple months.

Yeah I guess I have the good problem of eating anything I want and just being unable to gain weight, it's really weird. I've probably gained 40 pounds the last 5 years

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Adam Hall... wasn't that the guy we had for like a week?

2/23/2013 - Plays against Hurricanes as a Lightning
3/16/2013 - Claimed on waivers from Tampa Bay by Carolina
3/16/2013 - Plays against Lightning as a Hurricane
4/2/2013 - Traded to Tampa Bay with 7th round pick for Marc-Andre Bergeron
4/3/2013 - Claimed on waivers from Tampa Bay by Philadelphia
4/20/2013 - Plays against Hurricanes as a Flyer

What a confusing two months.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Canes sort of got Jussi of waivers. Ended up dumping some contracts and a 4th for him 3 days after he was waived rather than claiming him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad