Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I agree with you .. IMO there's enough talent on that roster at all positions to be a bubble team at least, or at least was before the deadline, but I feel like it's definitely a dressing room/coach/development issue. Seems like the culture off the ice is lacking

Interesting to ponder where they might be if they had Babcock.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I agree with you .. IMO there's enough talent on that roster at all positions to be a bubble team at least, or at least was before the deadline, but I feel like it's definitely a dressing room/coach/development issue. Seems like the culture off the ice is lacking

I would disagree the talent on the ice is bad right now, behind Eichel/O'Rielly they have a couple of 40-50 guys like Reinhart/Okposo/Kane but none of those guys are line drivers there more passengers, they only really have 2 top 4 Dmen in Risto/Scandella the rest are more bottom pairing guys, and they have no quality starter.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
So uhh you've probably heard but Ovechkin reached 600 goals tonight. Makes me feel a bit older after remembering his draft.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Definately does. Not a huge fan of Ovie but gotta give props for being the 3rd youngest to 600 goals

Agreed.

So long as he's healthy, it'll be interest to see how he produces as he ages. I mean if he plays until he's 40, he just needs to average 18 goals per season to pass Jagr for third all time in goals scored in the regular season. That seems attainable. As does average 22 goals per season to pass Howe.

Considering he's NEVER scored less 30 in an NHL season.... Impressive.

And in order to pass Gretzky he'd have to average 37 goals per season over that span... That's far fetched but given his career averages so far, it's not totally unrealistic IMO.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Agreed.

So long as he's healthy, it'll be interest to see how he produces as he ages. I mean if he plays until he's 40, he just needs to average 18 goals per season to pass Jagr for third all time in goals scored in the regular season. That seems attainable. As does average 22 goals per season to pass Howe.

Considering he's NEVER scored less 30 in an NHL season.... Impressive.

And in order to pass Gretzky he'd have to average 37 goals per season over that span... That's far fetched but given his career averages so far, it's not totally unrealistic IMO.

he also lost what 114 games due to lockouts? given his goal per game pace that's roughly 69 goals that he lost there aswell. I think he gets to the top 5 it'll be interesting to see in 4 years when his contract is over if he stays in the NHL or goes back home to the KHL as it does seem like he loves Russia. if he stays in the NHL I think he gets into the top 5.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
TheCup.gif

You need to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs

Check out my latest blog post :) It's on the main boards but I know some of you don't wander over there.

For a lot of fans, if their team fails to qualify for the playoffs or goes out early, that is it for them. I am here to tell you that you should continue watching, or better yet find time for the other series that are on concurrently while you're own team is still alive. The first few rounds of the playoffs are fantastic because you get to see 2 to 3 games of hockey every single night. You get to know more about other players in the league and you actually will develop a fondness for other teams that are not necessarily "your" team. This was absolutely necessary for me when I was a younger Leaf fan and ignorant of other teams because the Leafs weren't qualifying for the playoffs very much.

Hell of a trip down memory lane.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
farfetched for sure but if he puts up a few more 50 goals seasons in the next few years that average could come way down for the last part of his career. Should be interesting for sure. I'd say he passes Jagr and Howe for sure.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Nashville making Winnipeg look foolish. 9 min in and outshooting them 15-1 and just got back to back shorties to make it 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->