Around the League: Hockey Is In the Air...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He's really slick, and will make some incredible plays this year. But I can easily see a few 'young mistakes' ending in goals. Even in this highlight he almost gets stripped. Really trying to not slight him, he's incredible! He'll learn fast I'm sure.

Yes, that was a bad decision by Dahlin that he saved with his high skill.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That was a sucker punch? He told him a dozen times he was going to hit him.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There wasn't a fight, hence the sucker punch and probable suspension.

I don’t know the whole story but it sounds like Ekblad was slashing him. If that is the case, Ekblad has to protect himself when Max retaliates. He gave a warning.

If Ekblad didn’t do anything, then he had the right not to engage in a fight and Max should have just skated away.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He's really slick, and will make some incredible plays this year. But I can easily see a few 'young mistakes' ending in goals. Even in this highlight he almost gets stripped. Really trying to not slight him, he's incredible! He'll learn fast I'm sure.

For sure he is going to make mistakes, he is an 18 year old d'man. When you like to dangle, you get stripped sometimes, its happened to the best of the best.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
For sure he is going to make mistakes, he is an 18 year old d'man. When you like to dangle, you get stripped sometimes, its happened to the best of the best.
Always have to take the bad with the good in rookies, even the best of the best. As a defenceman on a struggling team it just may stand out more than others if it begins to happen frequently.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I don’t know the whole story but it sounds like Ekblad was slashing him. If that is the case, Ekblad has to protect himself when Max retaliates. He gave a warning.

If Ekblad didn’t do anything, then he had the right not to engage in a fight and Max should have just skated away.

I saw the video and Ek wanted nothing to do with Domi and kept looking at the ref. Domi suckered him anyway

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I saw the video and Ek wanted nothing to do with Domi and kept looking at the ref. Domi suckered him anyway

We all saw the clip.

The question is, did Ekblad do something prior; slash, spear, butt-end, all of the above, that prompted Max to engage him. If he did then Ekblad has to expect retaliation and can’t be looking at the ref to fight his battle.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I would have liked Ekblad to at least try and protect himself by grabbing Domi and tying him up. He took 3 jabs to the face before taking a straight right to the nose.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I would have liked Ekblad to at least try and protect himself by grabbing Domi and tying him up. He took 3 jabs to the face before taking a straight right to the nose.
A lot harder for the ref to give you a retaliation penalty if you're just standing there taking it - Probably just wanted to get a PP and avoid getting hurt in any stupid fights in the preseason with young guys trying to prove themselves to their new teams.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
A lot harder for the ref to give you a retaliation penalty if you're just standing there taking it - Probably just wanted to get a PP and avoid getting hurt in any stupid fights in the preseason with young guys trying to prove themselves to their new teams.

I'm not justifying Domi but ...
  1. He took a jab then looked at the ref
  2. He took a jab then looked at the ref
  3. He took a jab then looked at the ref
  4. He took a straight right and looked at the ice

Reactions: DirkStraun and ER89

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Domi just seems like a much less skilled Marchand. Someone who could be effective and respected for his skillset, but is determined to be a freaking idiot instead. Hope they give him a decent amount of games. You think after he broke his hand in a stupid fight Domi would know better. You have more skill than your dad, stop being stupid.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm not justifying Domi but ...
  1. He took a jab then looked at the ref
  2. He took a jab then looked at the ref
  3. He took a jab then looked at the ref
  4. He took a straight right and looked at the ice
Yep, that's a pretty solid assessment of what happened - What's your point? That he should've given in to Domi's goading and gotten himself thrown into the penalty box, just like Domi wanted? The ref should've stepped in before a player had to take 4 unanswered shots to the face.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad