Around the League delayed season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Justin Faulk deserves to be in Norris conversation this year. He's been so damn good.

I've always been a huge fan of his game, he was that good on the Canes. But they couldn't agree on LTC terms so he was moved . THey had the depth on defense to pull that off, as much as it stings. Joel Edmunson played fine for them when he was there but getting Dominik Bokk, I think will reap dividends, a very talented winger who once he cuts his teeth in the AHL this year , should make the leap to NHL next .

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I hope a day comes when skaters can have custom art on their helmets, like goalies. Plenty would be hideous, but fun.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Rangers had a slow start but have played better the last few games.

I guess a bunch of the 18 Devils are coming off the COVID list, if they are playing Tues.

They are an intriguing team, but I don't see them making the playoffs this year. I think Boston, Philly, Caps and one of Pitt/NYI end up coming out of that division.

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Daly says NHL to address making tweaks to draft lottery, to give better odds to teams that are lowest.

Daly confirms NHL working on changing draft lottery

How about giving the last place team in each division a lottery ticket? If a team had a lottery ticket the previous year, the ticket goes to the next worst team in that division. Straight-up 25% odds for each division. Let the teams tank all they want, but spread out the talent.

Reactions: Bandit

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Rangers Bruins game last night was a doozy, and the antics started pregame. Hockey players have their superstitions and one it being the last skater off in warmups. Neither Marchand or Zibanejad would budge. leaving just the two of them and the Zamboni driver and over 7 minutes.

This video shows the standoff, and the two deciding on rock paper scissors to decide who exits first.

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
How about giving the last place team in each division a lottery ticket? If a team had a lottery ticket the previous year, the ticket goes to the next worst team in that division. Straight-up 25% odds for each division. Let the teams tank all they want, but spread out the talent.
Sounds like a great idea honestly, all for it.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Trade

Decent for the Canes. Dzingal was done there. Not sure how Galenchuk will fare, but Paquette should give them a very physical bottom 6 center, which will help in the playoffs. They also get some CAP space back.

Somebody needs to check Galenchuk to see if it's really Mike Sillinger

Last edited:
Reactions: kilowatt

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Nickster

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
West Division standings are beginning to look as many suspected they will at the end of the season. I still think Colorado will finish 1st or 2nd, and I don't think Anaheim will hang onto 4th.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
West Division standings are beginning to look as many suspected they will at the end of the season. I still think Colorado will finish 1st or 2nd, and I don't think Anaheim will hang onto 4th.
Yeah, Anaheim will be fighting over it with the Wild and Coyotes.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Ana, 5-6-4, .933
Ari, 5-6-3, .929
LA, 4-6-3, .846
Min, 3-5-3, .818

Those are the records and pts% in regulation. The Wild are currently living off a 3-0 OT record. Nashville is 2-0 at 3v3 too. TB is 1-1. The point counts, but it's too random.

5 teams are under real .500 in the West. No other division has more than 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad