Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
If it was a system thing, no one would suggest buying him out. Its not. It’s the same PLD effort level issue. They either have to buy him out in a small window for 1/3 or potentially have to live with his effort levels dragging the team down for 7 more years
I think it is entirely the 1/3 buyout window. If it were 2/3 like it will be after late June, no one would even entertain it.

They do need to find someone who can unlock consistent effort from him for the long term.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think it is entirely the 1/3 buyout window. If it were 2/3 like it will be after late June, no one would even entertain it.

They do need to find someone who can unlock consistent effort from him for the long term.
It’s a fan/media based speculation rumor because of that buyout possibility. I highly doubt any smoke came from the team.

Reactions: DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If it was a system thing, no one would suggest buying him out. Its not. Its the same PLD effort level issue. They either have to buy him out in a small window for 1/3 or potentially have to live with his effort levels dragging the team down for 7 more years
They never were going to buy him out after one year because of the window. That’s purely a created story. You’re going on about his effort, I don’t think that has anything to do with the business decision. They made a decision to get him, they weren’t going to buy him out because of one bad year regardless of what anyone outside of the team thinks of his effort level. Fans want this to be a story because everyone loves an easy to hit punching bag and PLD is clearly that. I’m sure the team was well informed about whatever this guys deal is, and they never were going to use the clause. If it was ever an idea in anyone’s mind that they would use the clause they would’ve have traded all the assets to get the guy.

It’s a fan thing to say that using the clause would ever be on the table. Media becoming more and more fan like in its approach follows that.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad