Around the League 24:The Return of Tony DeActivated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Went to the Sabres board just to see how they’re reacting to this issue within their fanbase.

Noticed they still have the Skinner signing thread open. Looked at the last page, then the first page.

I can’t fully sympathize with them because that would just be wrong, but damn. It’s like reading a war diary in there.

"Fine deal for an elite player"

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
Bad deal, good player. But they absolutely should play him. He's gonna have 30-40 goals again sooner or later. And a dry season. And so on.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
^^

I will always respect Henrik Lundqvist. From everything I have seen from him, he is pure class. He has destroyed the Canes far too many times than I would have liked, but I respect the skill and talent all day. It will be an absolute travesty if this guy never wins a cup, and sadly that looks really likely.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Oilers are like us in the old days, beat the really good teams and look like you might be building something and then shit the bed against the teams you should beat which leads to a losing slump.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Ok, but that no goal call at the end of the 3rd?

Maybe it's one of those situations where it looks more egregious in real time, but that replay makes it seem like Murray had plenty of time to reset and make a save.

I thought it would count. I think part of why it was disallowed was, Gallagher got up...and stayed in the crease. Like...GTFO of there.

I also noticed that right before the puck went in, Murray’s stick hit Gallagher’s skate ... which was in the crease. Probably doesn’t matter, but it struck me as “he’s still in there.”

If there’s a way to watch the OT, I highly suggest.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Dom L did an early look at awards front runners. Of course Canadian guys are looking to sweep the offensive awards. Granted McDavid, Matthews and others are already top notch scorers, playing in the softest division is only helping.

Faulk, yep not a typo, is 2nd in the Norris look based on GSVA. He said he expects Dougie to join his list by the next running of it.

No mention of Staal for Selke.

No Canes on any of the lists. Just shows how balanced we are this year.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Dom L did an early look at awards front runners. Of course Canadian guys are looking to sweep the offensive awards. Granted McDavid, Matthews and others are already top notch scorers, playing in the softest division is only helping.

Faulk, yep not a typo, is 2nd in the Norris look based on GSVA. He said he expects Dougie to join his list by the next running of it.

No mention of Staal for Selke.

No Canes on any of the lists. Just shows how balanced we are this year.

This is why a lot of people don’t trust the analytics community. Anyone watching the games with their eyeballs knows Dougie is struggling and somehow he belongs in the Norris conversation?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
This is why a lot of people don’t trust the analytics community. Anyone watching the games with their eyeballs knows Dougie is struggling and somehow he belongs in the Norris conversation?
Im guessing he expects Dougie's production and in turn GSVA to go up over the next 6 weeks. Even then he would still be outside the top 5, unless he goes on absolute tear.

Also, Faulk, Petry, and Nurse could come back to earth with their productions allowing more typical candidates (Dougie/ Hedman/ etc) to get back into the conversation.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

He shouldn't belong in the Norris conversation regardless. Neither should Faulk for that matter. I miss when defensive play actually played a part in the Norris conversation, instead of it just being "Hey, look at how many points this defenseman has put up!'

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
He shouldn't belong in the Norris conversation regardless. Neither should Faulk for that matter. I miss when defensive play actually played a part in the Norris conversation, instead of it just being "Hey, look at how many points this defenseman has put up!'
Well, Faulk definitely isn't in there for points (8 in 19GP)...I think he has the league-leading mythical +/- though

Reactions: emptyNedder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad