Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I get that most Leafs fans are emotionally scarred because of the first round thing, but any objective person would look at the bolded playoff record and consider it a failure, because that is exactly what it is. The reason Boston has attained this mythical status in the minds of Leafs fans is because of the recent history between the two teams. Put that aside, and Boston is a good regular season team (and, for one season, an almost historical regular season team) and a mediocre playoff team. This isn't Tampa we are talking about.
Boston isnt a good regular seasom team they are probably the best regular seasom team since 2010-2011

They have 3 presidemt trophies in that period

Losing both 2013 and 2019 holds them back from being a Chicago/Tampa/Pittsburgh level team

They are 4th best team since 2006 era after those 3 though. Ahead of the Kings despite 1 less cup for me as they habe much more sustained lengthy success

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
They're a pretty well run organization, but teams change. They're not the same team from 5+ years ago
Agree but facts are facts. Marchand is a whiny little bisnitch. Good player yes and can score and agitate, but also has a history of Injuring players intentionally then throwing up his hands with that "what me??" look. He has injured a few Leafs with little payback. And that's their captain, the face of their fading hopes. To he11 with them.

The bloom is off the rose for that group, and their whiny Captain. If we play them, hit him every chance you get, every shift. He will snap and embarrass himself, history has shown.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Boston isnt a good regular seasom team they are probably the best regular seasom team since 2010-2011

They have 3 presidemt trophies in that period

Losing both 2013 and 2019 holds them back from being a Chicago/Tampa/Pittsburgh level team

They are 4th best team since 2006 era after those 3 though. Ahead of the Kings despite 1 less cup for me as they habe much more sustained lengthy success
But why does what they used to be matter at this point? As of right now, they are not much different than Florida or Toronto.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
But why does what they used to be matter at this point? As of right now, they are not much different than Florida or Toronto.
They have the mental edge over toronto

Toronto has no idea how to close a series vs boston. Have shown nothing to be able to handle game 7 at TD garden

On paper its close, mental edge/benefit of doubt goes to proven team in boston over Toronto

Pamthers are better than bruims now. Habe panthers in 6 vs Bruins

Reactions: torontoblood

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
They have the mental edge over toronto

Toronto has no idea how to close a series vs boston. Have shown nothing to be able to handle game 7 at TD garden
Everyone said the exact same thing about Tampa, and then Toronto beat Tampa last season. One game has no relevance to the last game, let alone what happened years ago.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Rags are first in the East with two games in hand on Boston and one on Florida
The Rangers must have the softest remaining schedule of any contending team. Other than their next game (Colorado), it's pretty much all non-playoff games. Barring the unexpected, I think the Rangers will lock up first in the conference, which means that the Leafs are getting Florida or Boston no matter where they finish.

Reactions: bax and 1specter

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Tampa breathing down their ass and coach calling them out directly last game is exactly what this team needed down the stretch - Expect them to be good for the rest of the way, imo.

Reactions: HolyCrap

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Tampa breathing down their ass and coach calling them out directly last game is exactly what this team needed down the stretch - Expect them to be good for the rest of the way, imo.
Tampa is the one team that I think could upset Florida if they can get going. They're not what they once were but they punked the Panthers in back to back years in the playoffs and are also the 'bigger brother' of the two having won multiple cups and far more success comparatively. They've also owned the Bruins in the playoffs too.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tampa is the one team that I think could upset Florida if they can get going. They're not what they once were but they punked the Panthers in back to back years in the playoffs and are also the 'bigger brother' of the two having won multiple cups and far more success comparatively. They've also owned the Bruins in the playoffs too.
That would be a series I’d like to see and it really wouldn’t be an upset if TB won.

Reactions: torontoblood

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I tend to agree. I could definitely see Tampa giving Florida a lot of problems.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009

Yeah, I think that would be a fantastic series.

Reactions: aingefan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t care where the leafs end up in the playoff seeding at this point. They’ve been clear favourites in some series and lost and been underdogs in others and lost.

It doesn’t matter now.
It really doesn’t matter. They would be considered underdogs in any of the potential matchups, but they could win a series agains any of those teams.

Reactions: aingefan and OddyOh

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It really doesn’t matter. They would be considered underdogs in any of the potential matchups, but they could win a series agains any of those teams.
Honestly, other than whichever teams finishes in the second wild card spot in the Eastern, I think you can say this exact same thing about every single playoff team. The parity across the board this season is interesting.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad