Around the League 22: But how will it work next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

"Eric may be old as petrified dogshit, but he's still the second best center we've got," said Skinner

"Jeff was always fun to play with in the offensive zone, although I couldn't really say much about his play in the D zone because I can't remember ever seeing him there, like literally never" said Staal

"I still can't believe I'm an NHL GM" said Adams

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
"Eric may be old as petrified dogshit, but he's still the second best center we've got," said Skinner

"Jeff was always fun to play with in the offensive zone, although I couldn't really say much about his play in the D zone because I can't remember ever seeing him there, like literally never" said Staal

"I still can't believe I'm an NHL GM" said Adams
This is great. In my haste to like this post, I may have accidentally reported it.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Slavin finished fifth in Norris voting. Dougie was seventh.

EieUUsiU0AAIXeV

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Voting for Jared Spurgeon isn’t great either (though he is underrated and really good).

Whoever voted for Chara should be shot out of a cannon though. I can buy him as a still viable NHL defenseman, but c’mon man. Might as well vote him for the Lady Byng while you’re at it.

Edit: Larry Brooks voted for Chara, so the cannon thing was dead on.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Pens make an odd trade to move Hornqvist for Matheson. I don't think Hornqvist was super valuable either, and pretty risky, but I wouldn't want to touch that Matheson contract.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Pens make an odd trade to move Hornqvist for Matheson. I don't think Hornqvist was super valuable either, and pretty risky, but I wouldn't want to touch that Matheson contract.

That’s a horrific trade for Pittsburgh. Matheson isn’t very good at all and makes almost $5mil AAV for another 6 years. Seems like we could have done Hornqvist for Gardiner straight up by the sounds of it but who knows what JR is up to. Probably made one call and took the first deal on the table.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Considering Friedman is calling it a glitch, I wouldn't think it'd be the NTC. Could be, that would just be a weird thing to not have sorted out and call a glitch. Maybe this is like that Toronto trade once upon a time where there is another asset, and the sides got mixed up on who was giving it, haha. Or something with retention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad