Around The League 2021 season - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Given how Dolan said they should be contending for cups right now I absolutely expect them to trade for Eichel. Just have to hope Buffalo takes them to the cleaners

Reactions: Goomba

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Rag fans think a package of Strome Buch Chytil or combination of spare parts will land Eichel . I’m hoping like hell that both Kakko and Lafrenier will be going the other way or at least one of them plus someone good like K Miller or ? Please for the love of god I hope it’s not a bunch of crap and expendable players going out to return Eichel.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Rag fans think a package of Strome Buch Chytil or combination of spare parts will land Eichel . I’m hoping like hell that both Kakko and Lafrenier will be going the other way or at least one of them plus someone good like K Miller or ? Please for the love of god I hope it’s not a bunch of crap and expendable players going out to return Eichel.

Neither Kakko nor Lafreniere will be in an Eichel deal.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

that’s a tough spot. Both sides want to follow their own medical advice.

I think for the sake of the relationship you need to let Eichel make his own call at that time.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Lawton is saying a player can make their. Hi ice but going against team medical advice can cause a contract issue.

If I’m Eichel, why do I care about that contract issue? I want to get healthy and leave Buffalo. I’m not worried about some bad blood there.

Reactions: Guttersniped

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this has potential to get pretty ugly, it would be smart for all sides to shut up about it and let the process play out internally, especially eichel.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I wonder what team that isn't NYR could be in on Eichel?
LA has a lot of good prospects and an easier division so the path to the playoffs might not be as daunting as it would be with Pittsburgh, Washington, Carolina, and NYI in the division. So I think it'd be between those two. Maybe minnesota as well

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
LA has a lot of prospects and an easier division

I could see that but even with a decent performance this year, the timeline for competitiveness is just as long as BUF's. Eichel would be bridging two eras there. I could see a pretty complex deal going down with a more veteran team, facilitated by another team like us. Fitz's retention slot might end up being useful here.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Maybe Minnesota? Not sure they have the pieces internally but the average age of their roster makes sense.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I can't see that getting done without Kaprizov and they're not moving Kaprizov
Why would Minnesota be giving up Kaprizov if Rangers fans wont even offer Kakko?

Eichel is going to NY and its going to be for a more than Rangers fans like; on the flip side it still wont be what Eichel's worth

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Why would Minnesota be giving up Kaprizov if Rangers fans wont even offer Kakko?

Eichel is going to NY and its going to be for a more than Rangers fans like; on the flip side it still wont be what Eichel's worth

I didn't know Rangers fans are running the team now. I know there's been a ton of turmoil over there but I didn't know they went that route

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I didn't know Rangers fans are running the team now. I know there's been a ton of turmoil over there but I didn't know they went that route
The point is Kiril Kaprizov wont even enter the conversation while Kakko being untouchable for Rags fans is laughable

nobody knows what hell get, itll simply land in between those two extremes

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
in all seriousness, it will probably be something like Zibanejad, Chytil, Kravtsov and a 1st

It will be lower than this. It's not going to be the total giveaway Rangers fans expect, but take one of these things out and that's what it is.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Eichel's NMC doesn't kick in until 22-23, so Buffalo would be wise to move him now regardless. The only leverage they have is that teams will likely line up to acquire a player like Eichel in his prime.

Would love for him to not end up in our division, but let's be real, the Rangers will likely offer the most attractive package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad