Around the league 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I want to see Perry keep playing into his 40s like Matt Cullen.
Needs 182 points to reach 1000.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I wonder if it really is just Columbus and not Ohio that players want out of.
Joey Votto a Canadian MLBer who's been playing for the Cincinnati Reds his whole career as their franchise 1B.
I can't recall the Cleveland Indians having problems luring players over the years, they are a budget team that sells quickly though.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I don't think there's anything wrong with the city or the fans. By all accounts it's a good hockey town. If I had to guess the recent stretch of them not being able to retain players is because Torts literally made hockey miserable for them. Now their problem is going to be they're going to be terrible for the next few years. Guys want to win and they want to have fun. Doesn't matter the location if they get those 2 things. You don't see guys flocking out of Nashville or Dallas or St. Louis first chance they get even though those are non conventional hockey markets.

No reason to talk about relocation at all. They don't have a problem selling tickets. They've got an adequate arena. They're not anywhere near Coyote status.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I may be biased because I went to school there, but Columbus is a fantastic town. Especially compared to Cinci and Cleveland. They had a fantastic transportation system, hell college students used to be able to get lower bowl tickets for like $20, and they have solid restaurants and bars surrounding the stadium. Now, it will always be a college football town first, but my guess is that it’s more organizational than location.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
That Räty kid seems to be doing alright in the Summer Showcase Tourney. Really wanted to use our 2nd round pick to get him, but mainly just because I'd like to see more Finns with big potential in Anaheim.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
E. Kane is broke too, IIRC. Didn't he just file for bankruptcy due to a bunch of real estate deals that went bust?

This dude has big problems.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Well this isn't great.

Oh man, if that is true, which sounds like it is, I hope Kane gets some help. Albeit I'm not sure there is anything to help with at this point, it's just very very very bad life decisions.
Buff throwing his track suit might not be that weird now

PS
Also, why the f*** Blackhawks situation did not get as quick reaction by the league? There were rumors about federal guys being involved, but I'm not sure how much of that is true.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA

oh wow he deleted it already lol

One of these was obviously written by his agent/lawyer. No reason one note is white and the other is yellow
6wVSrXr

6wVSrXr

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Is Ken Holland now the worse GM in the NHL ? Wasting money on depth pieces looks crazy, at this point Duncan Keith is a depth Dman who should be a teams 4th or 5th best Dman on an average team. He would have been better off signing Hamilton or adding top6 wingers for McDavid.

He botched the 8th overall pick in 2019 when he selected lowIQ Broberg over Zegras.
Before he left Detroit he botched the 2017 9th overall pick with Rasmussen who is just about to bust. Their 2015, 2016 and 2017 Drafts have nothing to show for it, just horrible.

2018 6th overall Zadina is not even producing better than Zegras.
Zadina should develop into a decent 2C but look at who they passed on in Quinn Hughes.
Holland also left Detroit with alot of bad contracts and is starting to do that in Edmonton.

Yzerman has done an incredible job repairing Detroit by drafting Seider, Raymond, Wallinder, Edvinsson and Cossa.

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah Holland is now among the worst. If Edmonton wins it is in spite of him and because he inherited the best two forwards in the game, not because he has made good moves as a GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->