Around the league 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
To put a cherry on top of that Goodrow contract, they gave him a 15 team NTC. Six years and the ability to block a trade to half the league, for a 4th line player - it's just absurd from any angle.

Man, the last 3 months have been.....tough.... for Rangers management/ownership.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Jesus , that’s a long ass time. What a mistake that 8 year contract was for him
Yep, absolute insanity that he signed such a long term contract in Edmonton of all places, and it's not like they were showing signs of turning it around leading up to the extension either. Basically assured himself no chance of winning a cup before 2026.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Maybe Carolina is simply committed to spending as little as possible on goaltending.

For a contending team that seems like the type of tandem you settle for as Plan F after exhausting all opportunities to add a legit starter or in the very least a tandem with more upside. I'm puzzled that they are pushing for those two both right now, could see one or the other as a decent 1B

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man, the Panthers have an impressive forward group now:

Duclair-Barkov-Verhaeghe
Huberdeau-Bennett-Reinhart
Vatrano/Tippett/Denisenko-Lundell-Hornqvist
Yeah they are a decent team. They put up a huge fight against the Bolts in the playoffs.

Funny how Bennett and Reinhart end up there, likely on the same line. In their draft year they were compared a lot. And Florida picked #1 that year in Ekblad, in order to complete the ''fantastic 4'' of that draft year (all first 4 drafted players), they would just need to get Draisaitl :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That Bennett contract is ridiculous. You don’t give someone a 4x4.4M contract based on a 10 game sample size. Before he went to Florida he was a 25 point player.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That Bennett contract is ridiculous. You don’t give someone a 4x4.4M contract based on a 10 game sample size. Before he went to Florida he was a 25 point player.
It's a bit much but it's obvious the situation in Calgary is a disaster. I'd offer a shitload to pry Tkachuk out of there and if we didn't have Zegras, I would kick the tires on Gaudreau.

That organization sucks

I could easily see Bennett being a 25+25 player in Florida, which is worth the money

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's a bit much but it's obvious the situation in Calgary is a disaster. I'd offer a shitload to pry Tkachuk out of there and if we didn't have Zegras, I would kick the tires on Gaudreau.

That organization sucks

I could easily see Bennett being a 25+25 player in Florida, which is worth the money

If he can hit those numbers he’s worth the money, sure but as of right now he didn’t have the leverage to get that money. I would have offered him what they offered Duclair personally.

It’s like the Matthews and Marner contracts in Toronto. Not bad contracts but neither player had the leverage to get what they were paid, especially given neither gave max term.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If he can hit those numbers he’s worth the money, sure but as of right now he didn’t have the leverage to get that money. I would have offered him what they offered Duclair personally.

It’s like the Matthews and Marner contracts in Toronto. Not bad contracts but neither player had the leverage to get what they were paid, especially given neither gave max term.
It's not only about points tho. Bennett was averaging 20+ minutes in the playoffs IIRC

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's not only about points tho. Bennett was averaging 20+ minutes in the playoffs IIRC

Again that’s over a 5 game sample size (he also singled handedly cost his team a game in that series with a dumb penalty which resulted in him missing the next game). What leverage does he have to ask for $4M + when he’s proven nothing more than short bursts of good play?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Again that’s over a 5 game sample size (he also singled handedly cost his team a game in that series with a dumb penalty which resulted in him missing the next game). What leverage does he have to ask for $4M + when he’s proven nothing more than short bursts of good play?
Of course it's a small sample size (15 games), but you have to take risks sometimes I guess.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Oh look, the not even close to resign Landeskog resigned for 8x7m. Those contracts will hit every team sooner or later.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Oh look, the not even close to resign Landeskog resigned for 8x7m. Those contracts will hit every team sooner or later.
The latest dramatic update of „negotiations having taken a turn for the worse“ so quickly before the deal really gives away how pointless this entire circus is, at least on our ends as spectators.

Reactions: Masch78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad