Around The League - 2021 offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Oh nvm, I forgot that Mackinnon is on a cheap-ass contract right now. They'll be fine for 2 more years. Not sure if he'll be taking that home discount anymore though with what Landeskog got.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
TB may clear enough cap to operate but they are losing meaningful depth pieces and have little in the way of top notch ELC talent right now. They will still be cup favorites next season but they are slowly eroding and probably somewhat susceptible to injuries for now.

boohoo they are going for a threepeat you think they care about the future? You can’t stay at the top forever

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
TB may clear enough cap to operate but they are losing meaningful depth pieces and have little in the way of top notch ELC talent right now. They will still be cup favorites next season but they are slowly eroding and probably somewhat susceptible to injuries for now.

They've lost their entire 2nd line. They shouldn't be favorites

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Curious how that will impact tarasenko. Word was that's who they really wanted. Now they could retain or take money back if they wanted, maybe do a player for player deal. Opens some interesting options for them

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Curious how that will impact tarasenko. Word was that's who they really wanted. Now they could retain or take money back if they wanted, maybe do a player for player deal. Opens some interesting options for them

I feel like Vlad is ours if Fitz really wants him. I am still on the fence about it and the asset cost would mean everything.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I'll worry about cap space when a team is forced to move a franchise player because of no cap space. Fleury is no scrub sure but it's the smarter move to keep Lehner over him. Losing Johnson won't hurt Tampa at all.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll worry about cap space when a team is forced to move a franchise player because of no cap space. Fleury is no scrub sure but it's the smarter move to keep Lehner over him. Losing Johnson won't hurt Tampa at all.

They had to trade Johnson to clear space. Coleman is walking because they can't afford to resign him. They already lost Goodrow.

It's absolutely going to affect them.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
They had to trade Johnson to clear space. Coleman is walking because they can't afford to resign him. They already lost Goodrow.

It's absolutely going to affect them.

I don't really understand your point. The entire idea of the cap is to invest the biggest portions of it to your franchise players. Ofc they're going to eventually have to move some lesser players out.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

exactly this tyler Johnson isn’t a franchise player. Coleman isn’t either (if they even lose him) they are nice depth players sure but teams aren’t built just today alone there’s an entire season ahead of us. I’m sure the bolts know what they are looking to do

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don't really understand your point. The entire idea of the cap is to invest the biggest portions of it to your franchise players. Ofc they're going to eventually have to move some lesser players out.

they move out goodrew whatever his name is and this board instantly mocked the contract he got. So sounds like they made the right move with that.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
they move out goodrew whatever his name is and this board instantly mocked the contract he got. So sounds like they made the right move with that.

The "cap space is important" thing would make sense if a team suddenly had to ship out a guy like Hedman or someone of that caliber cuz of no cap space, but that hasn't happened yet. Teams have constantly been able to ship out spare parts. I'm not worried at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad