GDT: Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Those photos of him showing off all that cash are almost funny now
It was a sign back then that this kid might have issues, but even the latest news over the weekend about the Sharks not paying a loan or something still had people defending him that there is nothing wrong with the guy.

Which leds me to ask a couple questions.
1. Are teams even allowed to be involved with a players loan?
2. If they are allowed did the Sharks maybe start asking questions to why a guy making 7mil a year needs a loan and why he can't afford to get one on his own?

Overall I have no idea if the team, PA or league has tried to help this guy, but obviously he is a guy that should've been forced to go into rehab. The Joe Murphy story pops up once a year as well as other guys. Obviously this guy has an addiction and needed help for quite some time.

Negative 91K in monthly income is a good sign you may need someone else to manage your money for you.

What does he have to gain by not playing this year?

Reactions: ujju2

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
It was a sign back then that this kid might have issues, but even the latest news over the weekend about the Sharks not paying a loan or something still had people defending him that there is nothing wrong with the guy.

Which leds me to ask a couple questions.
1. Are teams even allowed to be involved with a players loan?
2. If they are allowed did the Sharks maybe start asking questions to why a guy making 7mil a year needs a loan and why he can't afford to get one on his own?

Overall I have no idea if the team, PA or league has tried to help this guy, but obviously he is a guy that should've been forced to go into rehab. The Joe Murphy story pops up once a year as well as other guys. Obviously this guy has an addiction and needed help for quite some time.

What does he have to gain by not playing this year?

Risking his long term health just to give all his money to someone else?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Seravalli Survey says Toronto Maple Leafs will win NHL's all-Canadian North Division - TSN.ca

More of the same from TSN explaining why those down east are a little out of touch. How can you take the results of this survey seriously when 4 of the 22 people surveyed picked the Habs to be in the Stanley Cup Final?

"We anonymously polled 22 people across all walks of life in the NHL – including TSN analysts, GMs, head coaches, analytics and salary cap managers, and other front office members – to see how they think it will all shake out. None of the respondents had an affiliation with a Canadian team." - So what's the breakdown? 12 TSN analysts and some TSN friendly staff members from a few non-Canadian eastern teams, and you try to pass it off as a legit survey? But it's totally not a biased survey though you guys, trust me, cuz Frank Seravelli has like so much integrity. :rolleyes:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is a retirement that's makes me feel kind of old
I remember hearing when I was 12 that he was going to be the next best thing. A first overall.

In hindsight when you hear the stories of how he was skating faster backwards than anyone could forward it makes a bit of sense.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I remember hearing when I was 12 that he was going to be the next best thing. A first overall.

In hindsight when you hear the stories of how he was skating faster backwards than anyone could forward it makes a bit of sense.

I remember when the whole pronger fiasco broke lose in 06, I think bouwmeester was just a rookie yet, but with his value/potential there were rumours of doing a Pronger for Bouwmeester swap.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I remember when the whole pronger fiasco broke lose in 06, I think bouwmeester was just a rookie yet, but with his value/potential there were rumours of doing a Pronger for Bouwmeester swap.
I almost feel like it's a good thing for him that it didn't happen.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Gotta love it, go browse the other Canadian teams Pre-game threads. Everyone is cocky as hell (Minus Ottawa)....this season is gonna be wild.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
9 teams with a total of 27 players with Covid. 17 of those 27 are Stars players so they are off the skeddy.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
9 teams with a total of 27 players with Covid. 17 of those 27 are Stars players so they are off the skeddy.

must have gone to a massive team building party or something.

joking aside though. It’s really going to take one player to break protocol for each team.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not sure where this belong, I ventured into CalgaryPuck for the first time today. I think I need a therapist now :help:

That site:

FiIw.gif

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Button really hates anything oiler. The button must be implanted in his cerebrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->