Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Either:

1. It was his way of saying he wants out
2. he's really delusional about their chances of having success with that aging core, including himself
3. he just wants to have a bit more fun playing and winning games, without caring about the future outlook of the organization.

Well, at least he is speaking out, props to him. But yeah, it's a bit headscratching.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Either:

2. he's really delusional about their chances of having success with that aging core, including himself
3. he just wants to have a bit more fun playing and winning games, without caring about the future outlook of the organization.

Well, at least he is speaking out, props to him. But yeah, it's a bit headscratching.
If he wanted to actually win, he should have left to Toronto/Edmonton and taken a discount to play there. But he doesn’t actually want to. He wants to get paid his fat check (which he did earn) and live in Manhattan Beach. All while reserving the right to be a massive primma Donna and ostracize the young players on the team. He has put management in a terrible spot and I don’t think rob Blake was a good Gm to begin with. I’m glad the Kings are stuck with Doughty

You just can’t talk to the media like he does

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh I just noticed he had that contract renewed. Jeesh. Well, to be honest, I get why he would like to win instead of going through rebuild which should be no fun.

But yeah, calling out trading prospects like that perhaps is not the best thing a player with a letter ''A'' can say, lol.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Either:

I do think he wants to win but doesn’t realize or doesn’t want to realize that you can’t have it both ways. Look at Kane and Getzlaf - especially Kane since he’s still so good- who are seeing out some lean years in order to get the organisation back to the top. They understand the cadence to everything but have faith in their management. Doughty puts Blake and Robitaille in a tough spot but who knows if Kopitar is even onboard with what he said. I mean, sure most guys care about winning but some are more reasonable. Also, Quick doesn’t have much left in the tank. I’m sure they are super close but tough to take that at face value

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So to recap...

Kings Players - “Screw the kids development we are ready now to compete.”

Buffalo Players - “We want the F out of here”

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
First 2 goals of the PLAYOFFS are from Wilson and DeBrusk... playoff hockey is a different monster, I miss it so much.

Reactions: Kalv and Paul4587

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think Boston wins this series. if there are any holes in the lineup, maybe you could look at their offense from the blue line after McAvoy, but Grzelcyk has been good this year.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It’s crazy to think the Avs still have Newhook who’s just now coming along given all the elite talent already on their roster.
Yeah its gonna help them a lot because they'll eventually lose one of their top6 forwards to the salary cap situation.

Carolina is similar in that they have Suzuki, Rees and Honka not even on their team yet.
Those 3 won't be elite but they should all be good players.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think Boston wins this series. if there are any holes in the lineup, maybe you could look at their offense from the blue line after McAvoy, but Grzelcyk has been good this year.

I think Bruins take it also. I’m rooting for the Caps though, I really want to see Chara advance. Been an awesome game so far.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Caps/Pens/Bruins are all pretty similar to me. I honestly think NYI is the best in that division. Not sure any of those teams can beat Carolina/Tampa or even Toronto this year

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
The atmosphere in Sunrise has been superb so far. Crowd’s really into it, get them a perennial contender to get excited about.

Game has been great, too. Tons of open ice and skill galore. Barkov is terrific, we’d be lucky if we even have a shot at him next year.

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
I love how VAN is just playing random irrelevant games as the playoffs begin. It's like relegation. What a weird f***in season.

It’s on in the 1030 eastern time slot on a Sunday too after a full slate of playoff hockey. It’s like college football where you get that “oh yeah, the random PAC-12 game is on now” after a full day of huge games.

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Florida has got to stay out of the box if they want to hang in this series. Penalties are killing them.

I hope the coaching staff are taking notes during this series. The ease with which both PPs are getting to the slot and opening up cross-ice passing lanes is astounding considering our man advantages are all perimeter-oriented

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Kuch is just too much. He is a prolific offensive player and i still don't think you hear enough about him. Rough playoffs in 2019 - definitely not their worst though - but last year was sensational. Looking good again this year

Reactions: Paul4587
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad