GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm rooting against the Habs but that was such a ridiculously bad call. Murray had plenty of time to get back in position and Gallagher was pushed in anyway.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Murray had almost 5 seconds to get himself reset.

We lost the exact same challenge last year because they said our goalie had enough time to get reset after contact and it was like 1 second.

Classic NHL. No standards, just make it up as you go along.

jeblers

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
You could see Murray having no idea where the puck was after he was spun around, I think that was the deciding factor. He looks like he knows a shot is coming but no really sure from where. I am an old goalie myself, so I am a bit biased but I thought that was goalie interference from the get go.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
You could see Murray having no idea where the puck was after he was spun around, I think that was the deciding factor. He looks like he knows a shot is coming but no really sure from where. I am an old goalie myself, so I am a bit biased but I thought that was goalie interference from the get go.

Me too. Getting reset isn't just about standing up. Goalies need to locate the puck and angle themselves properly to face the shot. I thought it was a good no goal call.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Gallagher went off on the refs in his presser. Said they get tapes to start the year and the refs get the same videos. Said everybody had time to reset. Talked about examples in the video.

Can't believe that cgy goal counted. Gallagher said the video says it doesn't matter if a dman pushes u into the other goalie. If he has time to reset its a goal.

NHL is a gong show in that regards

Reactions: North and oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
126C1645-C5C4-4D3E-A284-7C9FD03253A5.jpeg
Just when you thought he couldn’t get any uglier.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Well that seems like an overreaction. Apparently lots of Habs fans like it though.

Never really seems like Bergevin knows where he's taking this team.

Edit: This from the Habs Board regarding how Julien was f***ing up:

Saundies:
Same things you guys used to talk about in Boston. Not giving young players any sort of leash, offensively stifling the line-up, barely/no in game adjustments and going back to the well (which wasn't working) too many times.

All the other teams in the North have adjusted and got better. We've stayed the same and got worse. It was deserved, and I like Claude as a guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->