GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Jim Rutherford resigns as Penguins GM. It's officially described as for "personal reasons" but I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a graceful way to let him control the narrative as opposed to an out-right firing. Pittsburgh has not played up their standard this year and his personnel decisions definitely have played a role.

Reactions: Aerchon

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Jim Rutherford resigns as Penguins GM. It's officially described as for "personal reasons" but I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a graceful way to let him control the narrative as opposed to an out-right firing. Pittsburgh has not played up their standard this year and his personnel decisions definitely have played a role.

Yeah I was wondering if it's Rutherford bailing on the Pens before he takes the brunt of the fallout for the Penguins demise. Now if things really go off the rails he can say he would have made moves to prevent that from happening.

That said if it is truly for personal reasons perhaps that plays a little bit into questionable choices in the recent past. Also, regardless you hope all is well with him and his family.

Reactions: bukwas

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-1-27_16-23-24.png

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Kyprios speculates that Robin Lehner came into camp over 300 lbs and is currently playing at 285 lbs.

~40 minute mark is where they discuss it.

NHL.com lists his weight at 240. To gain approximately 50-60 pounds in that short of time from when they got eliminated to the start of January is pretty wild.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He's a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I hope he didn't get back on the stuff and that's why he ballooned up if this rumour is accurate.

I was about to suggest the same thing. I hope he's staying clear of it. I know he had also admitted to suffering from depression so hopefully he's taking care of himself mentally. To gain the weight of an average 8 year old child in 4-5 months though, that tells me something isn't right.

Reactions: Del Preston

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
He's a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I hope he didn't get back on the stuff and that's why he ballooned up if this rumour is accurate.
Wow . And I hate to state the obvious but he’s a former addict playing in Vegas. Plus he just got paid big time. Not a safe combination.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Those weights aren’t always the most accurate.

I know they're not but it's at least a reference point and it's not like he reportedly gained only 10-15 pounds. Even an approximate 45 pound weight gain is still a substantial amount of weight to have gained in 4 months or so.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Canuck fans are gonna be insufferable if they win tonight .

“OMG WE BEAT OTTAWA TWICE STANLEY CUP HERE WE COME BEST TEAM IN CANADA.”

I know this fan base swings the pendulum back and forth but even that little run in 2016-2017 didn't have the serious fans arrogant. Most Canucks fans seem to either disappear when the team sucks or start planning the parade with a small taste of success. Probably helps explain the behaviours that led to the riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->