GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
If Fleury is still playing this well next year he's got to be a front runner for the Olympic starting role. If he plays in the Olympics maybe he'll have less juice down the stretch and the Oilers will have a better chance to come out of the Pacific next year.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Missed the Islanders game but this Vegas game is top notch.

It makes me sad in a way because the Canadian teams won't have the fan atmosphere that these games do, which adds so much to the emotion of it all.
You never know - things might change once we get to the semi finals and beyond. I do think it’ll be a significant disadvantage for Canadian teams at that point though if the buildings are still empty.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The league scheduling Canucks-Flames after three exciting playoff games is a stroke of pure genius I say.

It's going to be funny to stroll by the Canucks-Flames GDTs for the game tonight. After some of their fans have watched the playoff games today I'd imagine there will be some funny comments from both fan bases, especially whichever team is losing. On the other hand, Calgary Puck will probably have some gems about how the Flames are better than 3/4 of the playoff teams that played today and that if Bennett played as well for the Flames as he has for the Panthers they'd be guaranteed Stanley Cup finalists.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You never know - things might change once we get to the semi finals and beyond. I do think it’ll be a significant disadvantage for Canadian teams at that point though if the buildings are still empty.

I was wondering how that will work. I'm assuming, at this point, that the Canadian winner will be based in a U.S. arena as I doubt the border restrictions will be eased in a couple of weeks and that arena will have fans. I don't know, they have to find a way to make it fair for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->