Around the league 2020-21 season part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The final, critical distinction I’d like to make is as follows: while it is not within the realm of human capabilities to force people to perform, it is the job of a head coach (especially one touted as a player’s coach) to spark players, motivate them in low moments and get them to buy in. This roster absolutely needs to be better, but simultaneously it is the obligation of John Hynes—in the interest of keeping his position—to help them be better players and grow as a team. Instead, we’ve seen largely the opposite in the Hynes tenure, with players regressing across the board and execution failures running rampant.

Anyone that watched the team implode under MacLean, and then totally turn around under Lemaire has seen this first hand. There is something about Hynes's coaching that makes players play worse hockey.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
yes, he ripped his knee and is out for the year

Didn't know that. I guess that scream right after he went down was him knowing it instantly.
"Done for season
February 22, 2021
McCabe will require a 6-to-8 month recovery after suffering ACL, MCL and meniscus injuries to his right knee during Saturday's win over the Devils."​

Reactions: Comparison Ford

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Didn't know that. I guess that scream right after he went down was him knowing it instantly.
"Done for season
February 22, 2021
McCabe will require a 6-to-8 month recovery after suffering ACL, MCL and meniscus injuries to his right knee during Saturday's win over the Devils."​
Oh yea, I member we were commenting when watching that it wasn't a pain scream, it was frustrated, "I'm ****ed" scream.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I want to see the proposed Tkachuk-Hughes-Tkachuk line at the Olympics next year. I see no way Calgary moves Tkachuk though

Not much I wouldn't give up for Tkachuk. Dont think Calgary will move him though. Tkachuk- Hughes- Mercer would be cool to see

You’re both probably right, but with rumblings now in the media that Calgary is thinking about joining NSH in calling it for their current grouping he’d obviously be the top target. If Calgary were to start scrapping and starting over you’d think Tkachuk would be a definite keep for a rebuild....but, Tkachuk might bring the most in return,

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
You’re both probably right, but with rumblings now in the media that Calgary is thinking about joining NSH in calling it for their current grouping he’d obviously be the top target. If Calgary were to start scrapping and starting over you’d think Tkachuk would be a definite keep for a rebuild....but, Tkachuk might bring the most in return,
I coulnd't possibly see them moving Tkachuk. They're much more likely to move Gaudreau, Giordano, Backland and/or Monahan.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
With regard to the preds...

We definitely took much too long moving on from Hynes in that last year, so very frustrating. We had problems in net too obviously but the team out front amplified the disaster of it all.

I'm relieved we can now get a better evaluation of what we've got in this group. Ruff gives them a lot of leash to sink or swim, and aside from the very ugly pk and only slightly less ugly power play, at evens we're getting a much better glimpse into the highs and lows...instead of just the lows under Hynes.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
With regard to the preds...

We definitely took much too long moving on from Hynes in that last year, so very frustrating. We had problems in net too obviously but the team out front amplified the disaster of it all.

I'm relieved we can now get a better evaluation of what we've got in this group. Ruff gives them a lot of leash to sink or swim, and aside from the very ugly pk and only slightly less ugly power play, at evens we're getting a much better glimpse into the highs and lows...instead of just the lows under Hynes.

Ray holding onto Hynes so long is why Ray's gone

Last edited:
Reactions: Richer's Ghost

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008

Not to mention Tkachuks feelings on these situation. Fun to speculate. I mean Fitz IS his 2nd cousin...

Reactions: MichaelJ

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I know you are just being pragmatic but maybe if enough Russians all tweet all the time about it things will change for the better. I’m impressed if he was reasonably critical of the government. That’s maybe foolhardy but give him credit for trying to make a difference.

i see people tweet behind a ton of good cause hashtags guess what that doesn't do shit in the real world. theres tweeting something and then not expecting the real world consequences to those tweets/actions. he can do whatever he wants but just realize its just really stupid and irresponsible if you have family living in a dangerous place where laws don't apply you don't go criticizing those at the top. just the way the world works.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Well at least those Russian tweets don't get deleted unlike in USA.

if hes spreading lies and inciting violence maybe
Is this for real? I mean, you can't be serious.

yeah i am serious. go ahead tweet whatever you want but dont expect the bad people who you are criticizing not to possibly retaliate against your family. its just freaking common sense.

dont really understand the confusion. i'm not saying what he said is wrong. i'm just saying you can't throw that stuff out there with those types of people and then think they wont do anything?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i see people tweet behind a ton of good cause hashtags guess what that doesn't do shit in the real world. theres tweeting something and then not expecting the real world consequences to those tweets/actions. he can do whatever he wants but just realize its just really stupid and irresponsible if you have family living in a dangerous place where laws don't apply you don't go criticizing those at the top. just the way the world works.

You aren't wrong, but at some point, hopefully, things will change in parts of the world where saying something critical about the government leads to imprisonment or worse. We take our freedom of speech in the US for granted but there are still numerous places that isn't the case. Here's to a better tomorrow and hopefully he gets everyone he needs to out of Russia and he can stay in the US permanently. You'd think on some level the Russian government would realize that losing wealthy productive citizens is a problem for them but I'm sure if it's personal with Putin it's more about ego than anything else.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If Calgary was smart, they would blow that team up. Canadian teams take far too long to adjust when they're in no man's land.

Been saying for years that they are the next Minnesota.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad