Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

8ddd86d705603d027820adab48bcd99d.gif

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Does the league give McDavid 1 game for the late hit to the head with the elbow like they did with Doughty's shoulder-to-head hit on Carrier?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Does the league give McDavid 1 game for the late hit to the head with the elbow like they did with Doughty's shoulder-to-head hit on Carrier?
hard to believe that carrier hit got a playoff game.. with the way they do things that would've been 2 regular season.. ridiculous

i feel like mcdavid's dumbass hit is falling somewhere between a major and a game suspension, so i think i'd like to see a fine bare minimum, not like that does anything though. major would've felt harsh on the spot, but worse hits get a game imo. on replay it's just indefensible. definitely not a 2 minute roughing as it was called though, lmao

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'd like to see the Kings make a claim. Youngish LH PMD with real salary lower than cap hit.
I just don't know why the Flyers would put him on waivers if he there was any kind of market for him.
And guys with his salary almost never get claimed, so we'll see.

If they do claim him and he doesn't work out, just expose him to the expansion draft. I see it as a low risk, high reward move. He could easily turn it around.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
hard to believe that carrier hit got a playoff game.. with the way they do things that would've been 2 regular season.. ridiculous

i feel like mcdavid's dumbass hit is falling somewhere between a major and a game suspension, so i think i'd like to see a fine bare minimum, not like that does anything though. major would've felt harsh on the spot, but worse hits get a game imo. on replay it's just indefensible. definitely not a 2 minute roughing as it was called though, lmao

I think it was 2 for interference and that's about it. looked way worse than it was. Not head contact happened

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It seems with the divisions and playoff format this year there are less playoff races. The fact there is no wild card teams you can see who is going to make the playoff in most divisions. To me there are more clear "sellers" this year than ever. I wonder if that helps to increase trades. Still will be a slow deadline though

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm pretty surprised he cleared

i guess there's not a whole lot of teams that even could take on the contract but realistically $4.5M isn't too much to make room for. obviously not the player he used to be but he's not having a bad season

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
i'm pretty surprised he cleared

i guess there's not a whole lot of teams that even could take on the contract but realistically $4.5M isn't too much to make room for. obviously not the player he used to be but he's not having a bad season

he has turned it around. I thought if any team was going to take him it would be the Panthers. Although they just waived Strallman themselves.

Maybe he will finally be dealt now.

Maata for Ghost!!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Might be a case of teams having cap space but not having the green light to spend. It wouldn't be surprising if there'd be a team willing to take on Gostisbehere as long as they could send back an unwanted contract.

Reactions: Schrute farms

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Petro will be back for the Knights tonight....perfect.

Anyone else think it is BS that they are exempt from the ED?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Petro will be back for the Knights tonight....perfect.

Anyone else think it is BS that they are exempt from the ED?

Nashville was exempt from the 2000 Expansion Draft, so that's just the way it tends to be. Even if they weren't exempt, they'd be in a decent spot:

F(7): Stone|Pacioretty|Karlsson|Marchessault|Smith|Tuch|Stephenson
D(3): Pietrangelo|Theodore|Hague
G(1): Lehner

available: Fleury, Reaves, Carrier, Roy, Kolesar, McNabb, Whitecloud, Coghlan, Holden

Their biggest dilemma might be which D to protect with that final spot. I suppose in theory they could acquire other player(s) pre-Expansion Draft and not worry about it, but they have limited cap space as is.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nashville was exempt from the 2000 Expansion Draft, so that's just the way it tends to be. Even if they weren't exempt, they'd be in a decent spot:

F(7): Stone|Pacioretty|Karlsson|Marchessault|Smith|Tuch|Stephenson
D(3): Pietrangelo|Theodore|Hague
G(1): Lehner

available: Fleury, Reaves, Carrier, Roy, Kolesar, McNabb, Whitecloud, Coghlan

Their biggest dilemma might be which D to protect with that final spot. I suppose in theory they could acquire other player(s) pre-Expansion Draft and not worry about it, but they have limited cap space as is.

The draft rules were completely different for Vegas than Nashville. If Nashville was given the chance to make a competitive team that Vegas and Seattle are getting they should not have ben exempt IMO.
The fact Vegas is set up well if they were not exempt is another reason why they should not be exempt.

Reactions: RaymondReddington

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The draft rules were completely different for Vegas than Nashville. If Nashville was given the chance to make a competitive team that Vegas and Seattle are getting they should not have ben exempt IMO.

The fact Vegas is set up well if they were not exempt is another reason why they should not be exempt.

It's funny looking back at it since most people thought Vegas did a poor job with the draft in the moment. And as I mentioned, even if they weren't exempt it's not like their exposed guys are irreplaceable. Fleury's had a nice season but we're only a few months removed from Vegas wanting to dump him for salary cap flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->