Around the League 2019 offseason II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Facebook sucks. Twitter sucks. Instagram sucks. Amazon sucks. Google collects all of it. Keep feeding the beast. Fools.

Not much we all can really do about it now tbh. Unless laws are made around it there isnt much the normies can do except go off the grid completely

Reactions: BenedictGomez

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I think there's wiggle-room here for everyone to be at least partially correct.

True, this isnt a great thing regardless of who's doing it, but we should be geopolitically savvy enough to recognize that magnitude of threat does statistically vary by originating nation. That should be pretty obvious, so not sure what kind of PC Scooby-snack points some think they're banking by pretending that isn't the case.

If I threw a dart at a corporate dartboard & accidentally leaked some data, I'd far rather it randomly touch a Swedish or an English firm than a Chinese or a Russian company. That belief isnt based upon "bias", it's based on an understanding of where a hefty chunk of the fin-crime version of the Wild, Wild, West currently resides.
i think i can get on board with that. i suppose hating the "russian" or "chinese" aspect is moreso due to nation and security of data in those countries.

idgaf if my face is out there though el oh el. not like i'm elon musk, and the googs already has my informations. all i know is that i'm a gooooooood lookin old guy

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
If you guys are worried about some ‘make me old’ app getting pictures of your face then you need to find something to keep you busier!

Or at least be fearful of things that can actually harm you or society like the entire credit information debacle or someone knowing your SSN - hell even just getting your email hacked is more dangerous than some elaborate scheme drummed up by evil James Bond-villains to get pictures of your face

This isnt 2100 yet folks - you are in far more danger petting your 85lb Rottweiler than you are having your pictures out there on the web (unless youre constantly giving your location out then just watch out for that crazy-ex of yours)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->