Around The League 2019-20 VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Panthers are so deep, they traded stud Denis Malgin to the Leafs.

He was a huge favorite of you know who at the time. I think he might have even said we should have drafted him (he went at 102nd overall) instead of Blackwood (42nd overall), but maybe I'm wrong on that one. I know there was some question of us drafting whoever else we drafted that year ahead of him instead of him.
I’m not even particularly a fan of this running gag but I have to tip my cap to this winner because it’s hilariously true.

Looking at the draft, I assume the nightmare pick that doomed the Devils forever was Colton White because the Panthers grabbed the Swiss Johnny Gaudreau soon after that. Maybe I’m the only one who finds this post hilarious even sober, but he was pumping Malgin’s tire quite a bit during the 2017-18 playoff race.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
with the tv contract coming up how does everyone feel about espn/disney getting hockey games back?

Not gonna lie, this music still gets me excited. I wouldn't mind ESPN and NBCSN sharing rights like ESPN does with the NBA and TNT. In recent years, I always laugh when I have to look up what channel CNBC is for whichever NHL playoff game gets relegated there.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I feel bad for Blandisi in a way. 4th team in 4 seasons. I just checked - 8 career NHL goals, all with the Devils.
Who would’ve thought his career highlight was the overtime goal 2-1 against the rangers when quinville set him up. I thought the kid (s) were going to be ok

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Who would’ve thought his career highlight was the overtime goal 2-1 against the rangers when quinville set him up. I thought the kid (s) were going to be ok

Love this pic after that goal.

upload_2020-2-20_20-59-56.png

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Coyotes board is waving the white flag, they want to trade Hall and Hjalamarsson. Insane stuff.

If they do trade him, it definitely depresses the market for Palmieri and Kreider, as he's be the fourth high-end winger traded already, and by definition the teams that are left are the low bidders.

Reactions: mdj12784

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Coyotes board is waving the white flag, they want to trade Hall and Hjalamarsson. Insane stuff.

If they do trade him, it definitely depresses the market for Palmieri and Kreider, as he's be the fourth high-end winger traded already, and by definition the teams that are left are the low bidders.
Man that'd be nuts

Would continue to enjoy the free bahl and merkley we got though

Reactions: mdj12784

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

They need to borrow to Lou for a day, let him fire tocchet and hire a new guy before going back to the Islanders.

Seriously though. They are a team that could legitimately benefit a great deal from a coaching change

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
They need to borrow to Lou for a day, let him fire tocchet and hire a new guy before going back to the Islanders.

Seriously though. They are a team that could legitimately benefit a great deal from a coaching change

We can trade them Kowalsky for OEL

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Maybe Arizona thinks they can sign Hall. It wouldn’t be the craziest thing for him to stay. Feels like a guy who would like Scottsdale.

I don’t really buy this narrative usually but I think there’s some truth to Hall not being a winner. Everywhere he goes, the team is bad and gets better when he leaves. I think it’s maybe his style of play, but it’s just bizarre.

Also with the AZ pick - they’re sitting 9th with a 5(!!) more games played than Nashville (3 pts back) and Minnesota (5 pts back) and Calgary/Winnipeg/Van all have more points with several games in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad