GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v27: Congratulations, Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
If you guys want a laugh read the last page of this thread on HFLeafs. One guy has our forward group in the bottom half of the Canadian division, just lol. McDavid and Draisaitl alone are better than any players any of the Canadian teams have.

Also Nuge >> Nylander AINEC.

TSN: - What do you think about the whole canadian division?

Yeah half their fan base are out of touch and just live in the altered-reality of the Toronto echo chamber. Hopefully a heavy dose of games against the Oilers and the other Canadian teams will help wake some of them out of their fantasy and introduce them to the concept of humility. I'm not sure which would be more satisfying, the Leafs and Flames both missing the playoffs in the Canadian division, or the Leafs and Flames finishing 1-2 in the divsion and then losing in the first round to the Canadiens/Jets and Oilers.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I didn't realize a Calgary Flame had never won a Hart Trophy.:laugh:

I thought Iginla must have for 2002 but that was just the Art Ross.

Jose Theodore got it that year. I don't think it's as much of a debate that people try to make it out to be.

Without Theodore going god mode that year, that habs squad is fishing for a lottery pick.

While we're looking at one calgary heartbreaker, the no goal call in '04 was the correct call.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I have a feeling that Hoffman has a handshake deal with a team already and just waiting for season start and LTIR confirmation

So using this theory, the Oilers could have a handshake deal already done with someone because of Klefboms LTIR ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Did anyone catch Jermaine Franklin on Jay & Dan last night on TSN?
He (J.F) was so calm and professional while filling in for Jay that Dan just sat there grounded. No silly jokes or faces.
Best episode yet.
Totally focused on sports news!
Flames lost their best local media person.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Delicious. How will the left coast handle this? They pretty much have to cave or look like hypocrites.
I've never understood this kind of thing... Very few indigenous people are actually offended by sports logos named after a tribe or something that contains aboriginal art. Also If I were to see an aboriginal Canadian wearing a t shirt with a Celtic cross or a Scottish flag I'd tell him I like his shirt and give the man a high five! Why? Cause I have Scottish roots and the shirt is cool! I don't care who wears it. It's not my business who of what color wears a symbol of someone else's culture. It simply shouldn't matter!

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I've never understood this kind of thing... Very few indigenous people are actually offended by sports logos named after a tribe or something that contains aboriginal art. Also If I were to see an aboriginal Canadian wearing a t shirt with a Celtic cross or a Scottish flag I'd tell him I like his shirt and give the man a high five! Why? Cause I have Scottish roots and the shirt is cool! I don't care who wears it. It's not my business who of what color wears a symbol of someone else's culture. It simply shouldn't matter!

It's a little different when a people which has had so much taken away then sees somebody, a company or team appropriate a symbol to use as their own. It becomes another thing that has been taken without consent.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It's a little different when a people which has had so much taken away then sees somebody, a company or team appropriate a symbol to use as their own. It becomes another thing that has been taken without consent.

I know what you mean and am not trying to deny or downplay it whatsoever, and we can really go down a rabbit hole with this sort of thing but Celtic peoples are historically quite arguably one of the most oppressed groups since the Roman invasion of what is now France, Spain, and the British Isles, through to their mistreatment (understatement) by Anglo-Saxons onward to more contemporary examples in North America (ex: labour-slaves that were a big part of the construction of modern America). Do Celtic peoples gain financial benefits from the Boston Celtics for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad