GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v27: Congratulations, Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My guess is Dallas has their charter on the runway warming up the engines so they can leave right after the game.

Tampa will party their brains out and get on their charter at about 10 AM Sunday without a wink of sleep and after emptying every mini bar in the JW.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
To be honest, I lost complete interest in the playoffs after Vancouver was eliminated and haven't watched a game ever since. But I still agree, let it end :laugh:

Pretty much same here...I pulled the plug after the Flames fizzled out as that took some of the anger away from the Oilers shitting the bed in the QR. After that, been scoreboard watching ever since.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Please win tonight Tampa Bay
  1. Back to back Cups for Maroon... Yay...
  2. It's finally over

Yeah, I’ll be happy for Maroon getting his 2nd but would rather Todd Nelson, Sekera and Fedun get one. Overall I like Stamkos and Hedman but not overly crazy about many of the rest of the Bolts team and like Bowness more than Cooper (who seems a little arrogant).

It'll be nice to finally move on to the offseason and see what Holland has in store for the team.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Cool.

I remember that part of the City being quite rough back in the day.
My guess is Dallas has their charter on the runway warming up the engines so they can leave right after the game.

Tampa will party their brains out and get on their charter at about 10 AM Sunday without a wink of sleep and after emptying every mini bar in the JW.

I heard on a podcast that JW has been bringing in some dimes for the “maid staff”.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anybody spot the CF18 fly over yesterday that was supposed to be 4pm in commeration of the SC final? Didn't hear or see a thing and was out all day.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, I’ll be happy for Maroon getting his 2nd but would rather Todd Nelson, Sekera and Fedun get one. Overall I like Stamkos and Hedman but not overly crazy about many of the rest of the Bolts team and like Bowness more than Cooper (who seems a little arrogant).

It'll be nice to finally move on to the offseason and see what Holland has in store for the team.

Sekera however doesn't deserve a thing and has been uniformly awful in these playoffs. About the worst Dallas d option in any game. There he is late in the period on the Point goal yawning, Not even close to being back, staring right at Palat who is going to pass the puck, and the pass goes one foot from Sekera who was in position to tip the pass across, if his stick was even on the ice.

Just one play but behind his own net Sekera has been a nightmare for Dallas.

Love Todd Nelson and would be nice for him to get it.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Anybody spot the CF18 fly over yesterday that was supposed to be 4pm in commeration of the SC final? Didn't hear or see a thing and was out all day.
Yeah it went right over my house. Scared my kid initially until she could see them and I explained. 4 pm on the dot they cruised by.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah it went right over my house. Scared my kid initially until she could see them and I explained. 4 pm on the dot they cruised by.

Thanks.

I guess they just flew over Northside. Normally when this flyover occurs we can still spot them on Southside. too bad I missed it here in Millwoods. Was out all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad