GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Can't fault Eberle on the winner, but he still managed to toss a puck right up the middle to Kucherov a few minutes before that surely gave everyone else on his team a heart attack.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Can't fault Eberle on the winner, but he still managed to toss a puck right up the middle to Kucherov a few minutes before that surely gave everyone else on his team a heart attack.

I think every forward on that line chose to watch the play rather than try to defend the zone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Blaming Jeberle for stuff is just good old fashioned Oilers fan fun.

That winner was definitely 110% his fault.

Reactions: Cloned

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The reason everybody hates the lightning. Islanders dish puck out, stick comes 6inches from Killorns face. He throws his head back 2 secs later like he heard a gunshot.

Then Kucherov gets barely clipped, stick just rides up his face. Acts like he's shot. Then spends the next couple minutes biting his lip to find some blood, can't find any, then sticks his big finger up his nose and finds some. The officials the whole time allow this shitshow to go on, eventually theres blood, and its a 4min PP. Absolute clown show. No other team would be able to milk this 4mins. lol that the 2 became 4 after a long period of time assessing blood. If this was the Oilers they'd take 1 sec looking at Connors bleeding face and say no way, 2 mins. You all know this to be true.

f*** the Lightning.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Brock Nelson home free on a short handed breakaway, in OT, on a bogus 4min penalty, has all day to make a play, Stares the goalie down, freezes, and muffs a shot right into pads. No Pisani deke, no nothing. A breakaway, with time and he converts it to not even a bonafide scoring attempt. Of course Islanders go on to lose.

Would've loved if that shot from Boychuk went in. That was a great attempt. Would've made hilite reels around the world. Vasi wouldn't like it too much. To his credit he made the stop. That fake was so well executed Boychuk probably beats some goalies with that. long shot was labeled too, and a howitzer from 120ft away.

Is it just me or is Brayden Point f***ing annoying. If I was an official getting accosted by this puke every offside, every call, every non call I'd throw the book at him. Is there such a thing as unsportmanlike conduct calls to Tampa.

Funniest thing of the night. Tamps skating around with 6 skaters for half a shift. Refs don't call shit. Islanders finally all start pointing around, one Islander player is smart enough to stop Point from jumping back to bench, and the refs, in embarassment, are forced to make the too many men call. They sure didn't want to. "Oh sorry Tampa. we have to call a penalty on that, we'll make up for it later"

Reactions: harpoon

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think every forward on that line chose to watch the play rather than try to defend the zone.

Fitting that Barzal was chief among them. Awful game from him, and really not a good series overall. Not uncommon for a young guy to fade towards the end though, happens to the best of them.

Reactions: oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Fitting that Barzal was chief among them. Awful game from him, and really not a good series overall. Not uncommon for a young guy to fade towards the end though, happens to the best of them.

Still a good enough run for a sweet offer sheet. Wonder how many hostages Lou will use to get Barzal to ignore the offer sheets and sign for 8x8M.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Still a good enough run for a sweet offer sheet. Wonder how many hostages Lou will use to get Barzal to ignore the offer sheets and sign for 8x8M.

Does anyone have the cap space to do it though? Probably would need to be $9 million to get New York to seriously think about walking away, and I don't think he's worth that plus all those draft picks. Great player, not sure about franchise player though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

3 passes to the lightning on one PP shift. My f***ing lord. 3 times in row he telegraphs a pass right to Lightning, trying to pass through them. On every play another pass was available. Killed a Tampa penalty almost all on his own.

Maybe its just me but wtf is Beauvillier doing on the PP? I mean I know its the Islanders and they can barely complete one PP unit but jebus. In reality the Islanders don't have one PP unit I would want.

As much as I wanted Tampa to lose this series I'm spared from watching another Islanders game. Another 4hrs I'm never getting back. least I watched it on tape delay and FF through all commercials and boring bits.

Finally. Bryan Burke. This is what we get by shit canning Don Cherry. Guy without personality looking angry and red faced all the time. Every time I look at his stupid blood red face I figure I'm looking at some axe murderer fresh off the carnage. The guy looks absolutely nuts. Oh cut your f***ing hair or something.

873807458_60354808-e1573573640713.jpg

What a tosser.

Last edited:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
What happened?

Basically Reda and Rishaug were semi mocking Oilers fans, saying how we must be SOOOOOO triggered seeing Eberle score that OT winner, in Edmonton no less, and in the playoffs. Also, Barzal on the Isles must also hurt and trigger us.

Just stupid clickbait troll piece

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Basically Reda and Rishaug were semi mocking Oilers fans, saying how we must be SOOOOOO triggered seeing Eberle score that OT winner, in Edmonton no less, and in the playoffs. Also, Barzal on the Isles must also hurt and trigger us.

Just stupid clickbait troll piece

Rishaug has always struck me as kind of having a mean streak underneath his polished reporter exterior.

Reactions: frag2

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
3 passes to the lightning on one PP shift. My f***ing lord. 3 times in row he telegraphs a pass right to Lightning, trying to pass through them. On every play another pass was available. Killed a Tampa penalty almost all on his own.

Maybe its just me but wtf is Beauvillier doing on the PP? I mean I know its the Islanders and they can barely complete one PP unit but jebus. In reality the Islanders don't have one PP unit I would want.

As much as I wanted Tampa to lose this series I'm spared from watching another Islanders game. Another 4hrs I'm never getting back. least I watched it on tape delay and FF through all commercials and boring bits.

Finally. Bryan Burke. This is what we get by shit canning Don Cherry. Guy without personality looking angry and red faced all the time. Every time I look at his stupid blood red face I figure I'm looking at some axe murderer fresh off the carnage. The guy looks absolutely nuts.

After the Nelson whiff and Barzal pissing away the PP by himself, you just knew the Isles weren't winning. You can't blow chances like that when you're not generating consistent scoring chances.

Burke is as close as we're getting to a Cherry at this point. Sportsnet has otherwise gone out of their way to assemble the most tame and unoffensive panel possible, and MacLean has just turned into a rambling idiot of a host. It's astoundingly bad. How on earth did a guy like Kypreos get fired in favour of Kevin f***ing Bieksa? Hell, I'd take Glenn Healy back at this point.

People don't like to admit it, but a lot of us watched intermissions to see guys like Cherry, Milbury, and Roenick make edgy comments that pissed other people off and subtly promote violence. Nobody cares about some nuance that somebody spotted on a faceoff alignment or whatever they're talking about at this point.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
After the Nelson whiff and Barzal pissing away the PP by himself, you just knew the Isles weren't winning. You can't blow chances like that when you're not generating consistent scoring chances.

Burke is as close as we're getting to a Cherry at this point. Sportsnet has otherwise gone out of their way to assemble the most tame and unoffensive panel possible, and MacLean has just turned into a rambling idiot of a host. It's astoundingly bad. How on earth did a guy like Kypreos get fired in favour of Kevin f***ing Bieksa? Hell, I'd take Glenn Healy back at this point.

People don't like to admit it, but a lot of us watched intermissions to see guys like Cherry, Milbury, and Roenick make edgy comments that pissed other people off and subtly promote violence. Nobody cares about some nuance that somebody spotted on a faceoff alignment or whatever they're talking about at this point.

I don't know about you, but I think Bieksa is the best analyst they've hired in years.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't know about you, but I think Bieksa is the best analyst they've hired in years.

I like Bieksa more than I probably should. He's not half bad. he does have an on air personality and it conveys and some reasonable comments. Hated him as a player.

Burke I've hated all the time. Actually hate conveys too strongly. He's just a no nothing windbag that makes any thing he touches worse just by his presence. Plus we have to look at that beet red face and hair. I just turn the volume off and play AC/DC instead and it seems to mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad