GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v25

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I went to go to bed and watch tv after the third period and forgot about the overtime until now. Guess it didn't last long. Riveting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
While the offense isn't there for Reaves, we can only hope that Kassian can get back to impacting playoff games like Reaves does.

Other than mugging for the camera, beaking off at the other players, taking suspensions and boycotting hockey games Reaves has literally had nearly zero impact in any series he has played in.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Other than mugging for the camera, beaking off at the other players, taking suspensions and boycotting hockey games Reaves has literally had nearly zero impact in any series he has played in.
I disagree. Reaves isn't perfect, but remains a good 4th line player. His line can play more effective minutes than most 4th lines in the league. Against the Canucks he neutered the effectiveness of a pest like Roussel and his big hits have made defensemen hear footsteps.

The version of Kassian we saw against Chicago was useless; Reaves would have represented an upgrade.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I disagree. Reaves isn't perfect, but remains a good 4th line player. His line can play more effective minutes than most 4th lines in the league. Against the Canucks he neutered the effectiveness of a pest like Roussel and his big hits have made defensemen hear footsteps.

The version of Kassian we saw against Chicago was useless; Reaves would have represented an upgrade.

I don't disagree that Kassian was a no show vs Chicago however you could say that about Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse, the goaltenders, and the other half of the forwards. That doesn't make Reaves an effective impactful hockey player. Reaves has had very little impact in his games other than boycotting them, but his buddies at the CBC have built him up to be something of a Superman.

Reeves is useless as tits on a boar and plays only to start games, when Vegas has the lead and the odd shift when the game is tied in the first and second periods. Reaves has made the odd big hit which the CBC play ad nauseam on constant repeat because he literally can't do anything else but run his mouth and the CBC has precious few replays of anything exciting Vegas does because Vegas is not an exciting hockey team, so Reaves is the chief clown. Roussel is another idiot and if one idiot neuters the other idiot that doesn't leave much else for those idiots to accomplish.

Don't forget that St Louis jettisoned Reaves and won a cup with a far more effective and mobile 4th line that could check and play. Reaves lasted half a season with the Pens before they realized he was beyond useless and essentially chucked him out the door for peanuts to Vegas after paying a 1st round pick to acquire him (lololol). He is a fan favourite in Vegas because they know as much about hockey down there as I know about Aussie Rules Football, but hey, he is big like an NFL player and he hits and he fights!

So I respectfully disagree on the impact of Reaves. He has been vastly blown out of proportion by CBC and their shitty analyst corps.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Kassian didn't even show up vs Chicago, and even before that he was mostly just getting suspended for idiocy.

I hope during Kassians end of season interview Holland read him the riot act. I am a huge Kassian fan but when he does stupid things to get long suspensions and then doesn't show up for the playoffs, that is poor form. With how overblown Reaves and Vegas 4th line contributions have been, and the slow grinding play of these playoffs, Kassian may have some trade value this off season that outweighs his contributions to the team. Frankly if Holland gets a decent offer for him this off season from a team that thinks they need that ingredient, he needs to take it and run IMO.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I don't disagree that Kassian was a no show vs Chicago however you could say that about Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse, the goaltenders, and the other half of the forwards. That doesn't make Reaves an effective impactful hockey player. Reaves has had very little impact in his games other than boycotting them, but his buddies at the CBC have built him up to be something of a Superman.

Reeves is useless as tits on a boar and plays only to start games, when Vegas has the lead and the odd shift when the game is tied in the first and second periods. Reaves has made the odd big hit which the CBC play ad nauseam on constant repeat because he literally can't do anything else but run his mouth and the CBC has precious few replays of anything exciting Vegas does because Vegas is not an exciting hockey team, so Reaves is the chief clown. Roussel is another idiot and if one idiot neuters the other idiot that doesn't leave much else for those idiots to accomplish.

Don't forget that St Louis jettisoned Reaves and won a cup with a far more effective and mobile 4th line that could check and play. Reaves lasted half a season with the Pens before they realized he was beyond useless and essentially chucked him out the door for peanuts to Vegas after paying a 1st round pick to acquire him (lololol). He is a fan favourite in Vegas because they know as much about hockey down there as I know about Aussie Rules Football, but hey, he is big like an NFL player and he hits and he fights!

So I respectfully disagree on the impact of Reaves. He has been vastly blown out of proportion by CBC and their shitty analyst corps.
I'm unable to watch CBC so I'm unaware of what they say about him. Just looking at his minutes and hits indicates he's had more of an impact than Kassian, which was my original premise.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm unable to watch CBC so I'm unaware of what they say about him. Just looking at his minutes and hits indicates he's had more of an impact than Kassian, which was my original premise.
Everytime something happens on the ice, the camera pans over to Reaves to see what he thinks about it.

They talk about how important he was, he almost lost his team the last series because of a dumb selfish penalty.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->