GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v18

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
f*** it, let them all win not have a shot at Lafraniere and get trounced in the next round. Does anybody think the Leafs have a shot at what looks to be the Bruins again (lol), the Flames and Canucks against the Blues, Knights or Avs?
Canucks won the season series against the Blues without Marky. We got our asses handed to us by the Stars.
Blues are overrated they were playing like shit before the pause and have looked terrible in the last 3 games.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Who says? Because they won some gimmick play in?
Gimmick or not, this series had a playoff feel and we won the so-called gimmick 3-1 against a team that only sucked in the regular season because of historically bad goaltending. They had much better stats than the Oilers or Hawks a team you lost to in the as you put it gimmick.
If your team had won, I'll go out on a limb and say you would be speaking differently.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Canucks won the season series against the Blues without Marky. We got our asses handed to us by the Stars.
Blues are overrated they were playing like shit before the pause and have looked terrible in the last 3 games.

Blues also went from last place to winning a cup last season. We'll see.

Reactions: Devonator

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Gimmick or not, this series had a playoff feel and we won the so-called gimmick 3-1 against a team that only sucked in the regular season because of historically bad goaltending. They had much better stats than the Oilers or Hawks a team you lost to in the as you put it gimmick.
If your team had won, I'll go out on a limb and say you would be speaking differently.

Minny has worse goaltending than the Oilers, lols

No, actually I wouldn't. It is legitimately garbage that Nashville, Pittsburgh and Edmonton are out. Watered down 1st round because of it. If this becomes a regular thing because Gary Bettman and the Owners see dollar signs, I'm out.

Anyhow, you'd probably best move along before you get an infraction from posters that don't want you here.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Blues also went from last place to winning a cup last season. We'll see.
They did on the back of binny. He wasn't nearly as good this season it reminds me of Murrey in Pit, The blues are ripe for an upset. Just glad we avoid Vegas.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
They did on the back of binny. He wasn't nearly as good this season it reminds me of Murrey in Pit, The blues are ripe for an upset. Just glad we avoid Vegas.

As we saw in the play-ins, there are no guarantees. Good luck, I'd rather your team makes it past the first round out of the Pacific teams, given the choice.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014

No, actually I wouldn't. It is legitimately garbage that Nashville, Pittsburgh and Edmonton are out. Watered down 1st round because of it. If this becomes a regular thing because Gary Bettman and the Owners see dollar signs, I'm out.

Anyhow, you'd probably best move along before you get an infraction from posters that don't want you here.
Last time I checked we live in a free country don't we? In not trolling that's your problem if you get triggered. And yes minny did have bad goaltending look it up. They gave up the lowest amount of high danger chances and expected goals for if they had even average goaltending they would have been a top 10 team.
BTW, the league is losing millions of dollars putting this on. This is all about fulfilling agreements with the tv networks.
Watered down? If teams like the Pens can't beat the Habs in a best of five, how can they deserve to be in the actual playoffs? Odd how only the team's that expected a free pass are the ones complaining about the format.
Have a great summer.

Reactions: victoriacanucker

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Last time I checked we live in a free country don't we? In not trolling that's your problem if you get triggered. And yes minny did have bad goaltending look it up. They gave up the lowest amount of high danger chances and expected goals for if they had even average goaltending they would have been a top 10 team.
BTW, the league is losing millions of dollars putting this on. This is all about fulfilling agreements with the tv networks.
Watered down? If teams like the Pens can't beat the Habs in a best of five, how can they deserve to be in the actual playoffs? Odd how only the team's that expected a free pass are the ones complaining about the format.
Have a great summer.

Actually, regardless of what you think is trolling or not, the board has rules and people could interpret your posts as trolling (whether or not that is your intent). This is not the mains, it's a team "Around the League" thread that is made for for the fans of this team to discuss what's going on around the league. And they're allowed to discuss these things without fans of other teams taking exception and trying to "correct" them on it.

Huh, I dunno, maybe because 5 game series were done away with because they are simply too prone to randomness to constitute consistent results? Not using a 7 game series is pretty much admitting they didn't give a shit. The league actually wanted to do a 3 game series until the players told them to f*** off. That's the definition of watered down.

And I'm entirely certain that many Canucks fans would be saying the same thing had they lost tonight and choked in game 5.

You too, I'm sure you'll be out enjoying it in a week or two as well :thumbu:

greenblue

Feb 25, 2020

There was never any guarantee that Nashville was gonna make it under a normal season. they were 8th(ibelieve) with teams on the outside close to them. Pitts didn't show up. It hurts, but it happens.

North

Jun 25, 2009
First of all, being a qualification round, it's best of 5. Seems reasonable considering the situation. It's on u to get ready. Everyone understood the situation.
At least we are in the playoffs and not out of the playoffs (Oilers)

Good for you. Go celebrate on your own board.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-8_8-26-17.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-8_8-26-17.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2020-8-8_8-26-17.png
    upload_2020-8-8_8-26-17.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Where in the f*** is that asshole Trollstomper? I post less inflammatory posts in the Leafs or Flames board and it’s an instant infraction and thread banned.

These assholes from the other boards are lost and think this is the mains. This thread is where Oiler fans shit on other teams without having to deal with those teams fans.

And once again Vancouver fans are proving why they are the most annoying in the league by squatting here like homeless East Hastings crackheads taking over an AirBnb and refusing to leave.

This isn’t one of your pipeline protests where you can come set up your pup tent and chain yourself to a tree thinking you have a god given right to infringe yourself on others because somehow you think the opinion in your squirrel sized brain matters more than anyone else’s.

So pack up your granola and your left coast sanctimonious bullshit and get the f*** out of here because not one person here actually gives a f*** what you think.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Where are these Orca fans coming from all the sudden? Never heard of you a week ago

They unchained themselves from their pipeline protests and crawled out of their burrows only after their team wins a 5 game play in round and decided to infest our thread like the pine beetles they are.

Canuck "fans" are the biggest fairweather fans in the league, they support their team only when they win, and are quick to head off hiking in their burning forests, hold pretentious wine festivals and pretend that the lower mainland is not some expensive rat infested sewage and low tide smelling shithole when they suffer one losing season.

We had the biggest joke of a team for nearly 15 years and fill our building at prices that would make Canuck fans gag and complain similar to when they complain about the highest price of fuel in North America once per weekly fill up. When the Canucks have 1 down season, their building becomes half deserted and grocery stores resort to give free tickets away when you buy a jar of organic BC pickles.

Their fan base is a fair weather joke just like their team which hasn't won shit and never will.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
For the first time in my life I want Toronto to win a hockey game and beat Columbus so they cannot draft Lafreniere. Not that it matters because I think it is preordained that Lafreniere will wind up in either Pittsburgh or with the Rangers.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
They unchained themselves from their pipeline protests and crawled out of their burrows only after their team wins a 5 game play in round and decided to infest our thread like the pine beetles they are.

Canuck "fans" are the biggest fairweather fans in the league, they support their team only when they win, and are quick to head off hiking in their burning forests, hold pretentious wine festivals and pretend that the lower mainland is not some expensive rat infested sewage and low tide smelling shithole when they suffer one losing season.

We had the biggest joke of a team for nearly 15 years and fill our building at prices that would make Canuck fans gag and complain similar to when they complain about the highest price of fuel in North America once per weekly fill up. When the Canucks have 1 down season, their building becomes half deserted and grocery stores resort to give free tickets away when you buy a jar of organic BC pickles.

Their fan base is a fair weather joke just like their team which hasn't won shit and never will.
Nuck fans have been ripping Benning and Green for years, and now they're ok with them
they're one of the dumber fanbases

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
For the first time in my life I want Toronto to win a hockey game and beat Columbus so they cannot draft Lafreniere. Not that it matters because I think it is preordained that Lafreniere will wind up in either Pittsburgh or with the Rangers.
If we somehow win the lotto, I can see the league making some drastic rule changes which again we benefit from. Then we might see them actually start rigging lottos

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If we somehow win the lotto, I can see the league making some drastic rule changes which again we benefit from. Then we might see them actually start rigging lottos

If we win the lottery you can guarantee there will be a rule passed 10 seconds later saying that a team cannot win the lottery more than once every 3 years.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Where in the f*** is that asshole Trollstomper? I post less inflammatory posts in the Leafs or Flames board and it’s an instant infraction and thread banned.

These assholes from the other boards are lost and think this is the mains. This thread is where Oiler fans shit on other teams without having to deal with those teams fans.

And once again Vancouver fans are proving why they are the most annoying in the league by squatting here like homeless East Hastings crackheads taking over an AirBnb and refusing to leave.

This isn’t one of your pipeline protests where you can come set up your pup tent and chain yourself to a tree thinking you have a god given right to infringe yourself on others because somehow you think the opinion in your squirrel sized brain matters more than anyone else’s.

So pack up your granola and your left coast sanctimonious bullshit and get the f*** out of here because not one person here actually gives a f*** what you think.

tenor.gif

These two posts are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->