GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Seriously though, I'll never forget the '93 Stanley Cup run and subsequent victory. Ten straight OT wins by Patty Roy and the boys. TEN! It was so surreal I thought at times I was dreaming.

I kinda grew right after that and my interests and allegiances changed with it. Maybe even some of it had to do with the political stuff at the time and that province, which I wont get into (and probably not allowed to get into, which is well enough). But yeah, I can get behind Montreal this year for a run. I mean, kinda. Sure, why not? (I guess....)

I was a Habs fan back in the 60's and 70's. Was a treat to watch them back them. Don't care for them much now. Haven't given any thought yet to who I'll be cheering for, need to wait for the matchups.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I was a Habs fan back in the 60's and 70's. Was a treat to watch them back them. Don't care for them much now. Haven't given any thought yet to who I'll be cheering for, need to wait for the matchups.

I wish I would've been able to see Orr play live against the Habs back in the day. Or even to see the early 80s match-ups of the Habs, Islanders, Flyers and Oilers. Must've been some amazing hockey to watch.

As I grew up, I just realized I identified more with the Oilers, who also left a huge impression on me as a very young boy with the '90 Cup. Ranford was my hero for a good couple years, and would imitate his goaltending style playing street hockey with my friends. Good times. I gravitated more to the Oilers and I guess their under-dog status as I matured over the Habs. I had to pick one, and it was definitely the Oilers for me. Don't regret it, as even the 2006 run was so incredible, even if it ended with a really sour taste. I wouldn't trade those memories.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Stalock may be the only goalie worse than our options. Canucks are lucky to face Minny, who are doomed to get BTFO'd eventually because of their terrible goalie tandem.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Canucks will win tonight. It's just that kind of f***ing night for Oiler fans
Absolutely .

I can’t remember the last time I watched a hockey game and the team I was cheering for won. It’s been like 5 days straight of awful games .

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I wish I would've been able to see Orr play live against the Habs back in the day. Or even to see the early 80s match-ups of the Habs, Islanders, Flyers and Oilers. Must've been some amazing hockey to watch.

Although I can't remember a lot of the details from the time, I do remember the many Islander/Oiler series being a lot of fun as kids. So many kids in Oilers sweaters for class picture day, plus the one goofy kid ( usually a redhead) with his Flames jersey.

Reactions: KarmaPolice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->