GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Made me laugh.

Good sense of humor. Makes me even more salty that we shipped away our perfect 3 C for nothing. Damn you Chiarelli.
What were your thoughts of him when he was an Oiler though.

95% of this board wanted him banished for nothing.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
What were your thoughts of him when he was an Oiler though.

95% of this board wanted him banished for nothing.

I was a big fan of the trade to get him. Strange how many thought that trade was a cap dump when we were getting a younger cost controlled right shooting 3 center we desperately needed for a declining/expiring one dimensional top 6 winger. Thought he played well despite his goal scoring troubles that last year. Never wanted him gone. Was certainly in the 5%.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Philly and Edmonton from 1981 on TV at 8. I am not even sure I recall that one lol. It was reg season but there must be some reason they are playing that one. :popcorn:

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Gretzky can play like McDavid. 4 goal game and then the next night 5.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Okay Ladies

I got my tin foil hat on for this idea that is so crazy I think it makes sense

On the December 16th the Arizona Dogs traded for Taylor Hall, giving up amongst other things their first rounder. Around that time we also get rumours of Arizona breaking serious rules of testing JR prospects in a clear violations the NHL CBA and code of conduct for draft eligible draft prospects.

It was in Early Jan that it comes out that they are in fact under investigation for doing these tests.
TSN is now reporting that they are suspected of testing between 40 to 80 prospects and there is to be a hearing at some point in time

Here is the tin foil hat theory I have. This is a form of tampering and end running around NHL rules. The NHL has been fairly constant in how they deal with this end runs and it usually means losing that years first rounder. Arizona knowing full well they have broken a few rules decide to go all in on Hall give up their first rounder knowing full well the NHL may very well strip them of that pick. It looks like Arizona is guiltly and other GMS are unhappy even more now with the combine being cancelled.

Arizona tested up to 80 prospects in this forth coming draft. Arizona knowing that they NHL will find them guilty, throw a hail mary and trade that first to NJD for Hall. Now Arizona only have their 2nd, 4th and afterwards picks to lose from this years draft (unless the league wants to be really vindictive and take 2021 first away from them)

Like I said, my tin foil hat is on very tight for this theory and it is not like we do not have other hockey issues to talk about.

You are Arizona and you catch wind of the fact that the leagues has found out what you are doing and you realise you have broken some rules and a quick history of how the nhl deals with law breakers usually means a lost of a first rounder. You know Hall is in play and decide to trade the first you may very well have lost after the investigation for a former first overall and NHL MVP, while soon to be a UFA, there is a chance Arizona could keep him if he likes the place. Many players love Arizona.

Did Arizona in their minds decide they knew they were going to lose the pick and decide to get an asset for it before they lost it, hoping the NHL takes their 2nd away in this draft?

If Hall does not stay in Arizona it is a pretty bad trade and a clear win for the devils. But if the Hall stays in Arizona and Arizona is found guilty of the rule violations, knowing that in past history (Devils and Blues) where the teams lost first rounder due to breaking rules--in fact doesn't Arizona come out a head? and even if he walks away, the pick given up for him would be the pick the NHL would have stripped the club of anyway.

Sounds crazy I know--but I have been thinking about it after seeing a few TSN articles and listening to sports radio. Arizona may have traded a pick that they nay have very well have lost for nothing for a top winger and a chance that he may like the city and state and stay. That may have been their plan all along

Like I said--tin foil hat is on really tight for this one--but hey--I have in day 6 of issolation here in the UK and I am bouncing off walls

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
This is likely very old news but just realized that the bus driver from the Broncos crash is also being sued for travelling up to 119kph.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This is likely very old news but just realized that the bus driver from the Broncos crash is also being sued for travelling up to 119kph.
Everyone is getting sued, and the insurance companies will fight it out.

It's normal for an accident causing death.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
From the Athletic

Screen-Shot-2020-04-05-at-12.10.27-AM.png

Vancouver going 11-1-1 to win the division seems legit.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->