Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
You’ve gotta be kidding me. Montreal wins in OT 3-2 and they’re up 1-0 in their series. Price with 39 saves.
54555013.jpg

Honestly, the best thing that could happen is Price steals the series, taking them out of the Laf sweepstakes, and then the Habs get destroyed in the next round. Talking to my friend (Habs fan) right now and he is just so conflicted at the moment lol.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So far, Pens and Habs was easily the best game so far in terms of intensity. That was a fun game to watch.
The playoffs of the unexpected might just be in the cards.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
They looked so lacklustre in the exhibition game and Price was so mediocre this season. Wasn’t sure he still had it in him to steal a series. Evidently he does.
Price has had good games before too during his decline, so it's too soon to say he is back. However if this is him going back to vintage price, the playoffs take on a whole other dynamic.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Too bad about Scheifele getting hurt. It looks to me like Thachuck's skate hit Scheifele's ankle at the boards.

You could see the agonizing pain on Scheifele and Maurice's faces.

maurice.png

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Too bad about Scheifele getting hurt. It looks to me like Thachuck's skate hit Scheifele's ankle at the boards.

You could see the agonizing pain on Scheifele and Maurice's faces.

maurice.png

I've had that happen to me and I dislocated my knee cap. Could be the ankle but the way he reacted leads me more towards something in that area.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I've had that happen to me and I dislocated my knee cap. Could be the ankle but the way he reacted leads me more towards something in that area.

you can see on another feed that tkachuk right foot comes up like he is droving a car and hits his his ankle.
They way maurice was talking that’s it’s a cut

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That Scheif injury looks accidental. Not that Tkachuk deserves the benefit of the doubt, watching the play in real time from the one angle is pretty clear to me.

Tkachuk was going to pursue a hit but as Scheif turns he backs off), but he was going fast and as he was deciding to avoid the hit and stop, his right skate wobbled and skid off the ice. And unfortunately caught Sheif in the wrong spot.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Watched all the games yesterday for a full million hours of hockey.

Thought the Canes/NYR had the most intensity and physical play.. The Flames/Jets was the most physical series.

Montreal beating Pens the most surprising, unless you don't think offensive stars guarantees a win.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
can you imagine if one of our stars threw a no look pass like malkin did in OT allowing the other team to transition and score :help:
Other players around the league consistently do the exact same things that we endlessly destroy our players for. We just don't watch them as much, or have as much emotional investment in every single individual action.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
To clarify...

I dont know enough about Keefe... the sample size is too small.

Why do i think Babs is a more demanding coach defensively? Because babs wont play players he considers to lack effort or lack defensive skill. See Spezza and how he coached Nylander ...or his young players in general and his obsession with defensive players...see Hyman or Cleary before. As others have said...Robertson wouldnt even be getting a look right now over Gauthier or Engvall.

Am i wrong to say Keefe is less demanding defensively? Maybe... maybe i should say they have different views of how to defend?... i think Keefe and Dubas want to keep the puck more and less fight for it. Meaning a guy like Spezza is more important than a player like say Gauthier. Gauthier is better defensively but spezza is better with the puck and keeping the puck.

What style will be more effective? I want to believe that Keefes will be. However... i wonder if a leaders like Babs or Tortorella stuffing dog determined effort and defensive play down his players throats is needed to motivate them to rise to the occasion of playoff hockey.

Im just waiting to see if the leafs will be outmatched in effort like they have been in the past...against hard working teams/players.

Remember babs preached dog determined effort and defensive play. Keefe was preaching play to your god given talents. Im curious to see if the leafs will be prepared and how robertson and Spezza will effect the games etc.
good post. Babcock had his warts, no doubt about it, but he's not the antichrist some make him out to be.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Upsets galore yesterday.

There were only really two... Calgary, Islanders and Carolina were the higher ranked teams.

Edmonton played like crap and needs to be a lot better. Montreal got lucky. Pittsburgh was the better team but they got a lucky first goal and a few good bounces to go their way. Price was amazing too. It's good they won't get swept, and I think it exposed some weaknesses in Pittsburgh that some of the top 4 teams may be able to exploit, but Montreal will need to continue lucking their way to wins if they want to get past the play-in.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Arizona sticking it to Nashville right now too...

What a crazy world.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Arizona sticking it to Nashville right now too...

What a crazy world.
Mr. Playoff Hockey Phil Kessel with 2 points in this one. There are a tonne of things you can say about the guy, but he shows up come playoff time. 8th most points in the last 5 years, and 6th highest PPG amongst the top 10 after Crosby, Couture, Ovechkin, Kucherov, Backstrom.

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->