Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Lucic doing awesome for the Flames as he did for the Oilers...4 games played, 0 pts, -2 ... and nothing happening tonight for him...solid player for that contract...:sarcasm:

Meanwhile, Neale has been lighting up the league so far with more goals than Matthews...did Calgary bailed out Edmonton or what?

Reactions: Menzinger

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Sabres just wont lose. Going to improve to 5-0-1.

They are a legit threat to be a top 3 seed in the Atlantic. If the leafs dont figure things out soon we are gonna be on the outside looking in.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

They are a legit threat to be a top 3 seed in the Atlantic. If the leafs dont figure things out soon we are gonna be on the outside looking in.
For sure man, we better look out. Not like they did the same thing last year, and the best team they've faced has been Pittsburgh and then Dallas? I guess. Also they lost, it's right in your comment lol.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Been huge for me grabbing Hutton in the scrap bin in my fantasy league lol

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

When the other teams stop taking them lightly, they'll start losing.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing for the leafs to grab a wildcard spot. This way they play the underdog and no pressure on them..

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Same thing happened last year with Buffalo. I'm not saying that they will crash again, but it hasnt even been 3 weeks yet.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing for the leafs to grab a wildcard spot. This way they play the underdog and no pressure on them..

No pressure on them? If they only squeeze in as a wildcard seed, there will be plenty of question marks. Get knocked out of the 1st round again and there will be plenty of bloodshed.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

There might be some pressure from having taken a step back in the regular season, depending on the way things hypothetically got to that point. Expectations are always going to be a part of sports at one point or another. Hopefully they can be met or exceeded in this case.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I will judge them all when it's mid November/December.
There have been many classic Montreal 9-1 October starts and guys scoring like they are all stars in the first month.
Wait until the league catches up.

Reactions: stickty111

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
You have company I've seen Leafs this year and it ain't impressive.

Way to early, with about 20 games to go we should have a better idea.

Watching all three teams play, the Leafs have been more impressive as a team, and it's not even debatable.

Our goaltending however hasn't.

Oilers and Sabres schedule has been a cake walk compared to ours so far.

Reactions: stickty111

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Watching all three teams play, the Leafs have been more impressive as a team, and it's not even debatable.

Our goaltending however hasn't.

Oilers and Sabres schedule has been a cake walk compared to ours so far.
Our schedule is a joke lol habs on a back to back twice...Bruins and Caps on the back end of one add in the Blues and Tampa for fun. If we are sitting in a playoff spot after this month...

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
You have company I've seen Leafs this year and it ain't impressive.

Way to early, with about 20 games to go we should have a better idea.

When your foot soldiers have been the most impressive players, I would not call that an impressive start. Once Tavares, Marner, Kappy, AJ and Willie start lighting it up and the defence learns how to defend, I will be more impressed. Willie said he wants to "dominate". I am waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad