Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Anyone else ever visit other teams Around the League threads?

Most are just pages upon pages of Leaf talk. Pretty wild. Islanders board has more posts about the Leafs than they do about the rest of the league combined, and it’s probabl’y 50:1.

I've noticed this as well. As much as opposition fans hate to admit (and to hear from us), this team is in fact the center of the hockey universe. There is no arguing this. They can mock it all they want but why else would they talk about the leafs so much. It's an obsession. They love to hate the leafs. Leaf fans should also learn to embrace the hate and not get sucked into arguments in the main boards where you're ganged up on.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I've noticed this as well. As much as opposition fans hate to admit (and to hear from us), this team is in fact the center of the hockey universe. There is no arguing this. They can mock it all they want but why else would they talk about the leafs so much. It's an obsession. They love to hate the leafs. Leaf fans should also learn to embrace the hate and not get sucked into arguments in the main boards where you're ganged up on.

The way some.fans of other teams seem to spend 90% of their time in Leafs related threads is so pathetic its hysterical.

Just embrace the hate. It makes it that much sweeter when the Leafs do well

Reactions: Lilou

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Was hoping Buffalo would hang around the playoff picture.....oh my their D make some bonehead plays.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Carter Hart with the save of the year.

I hope the Flyers have paid their penance to the goalie gods and this guy has a long career in Philly.

Reactions: Devonator

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Carter Hart with the save of the year.

I hope the Flyers have paid their penance to the goalie gods and this guy has a long career in Philly.
Yeah that save was unbelievable. The rest of the pp was pathetic. That one NJ winger at the side of the net, Gusev, kept trying to do it all himself, looked terrible.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah that save was unbelievable. The rest of the pp was pathetic. That one NJ winger at the side of the net, Gusev, kept trying to do it all himself, looked terrible.

Don’t forget PK with the beaver tail slap and then blast 10 feet over the net.

Reactions: kb and meng666

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Was hoping Buffalo would hang around the playoff picture.....oh my their D make some bonehead plays.

Eichel and Dahlin are making me look like a genius in my fantasy league lol

Will be interesting to see how well Buffalo does this year. At present, they are ahead of us in the standings -> yes, its still very early & lots can happen.

Looks like the addition of Victor Olofsson could be good for Buffalo's blueline.

Carolina is also interesting as well. They are off to a good start at least.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Will be interesting to see how well Buffalo does this year. At present, they are ahead of us in the standings -> yes, its still very early & lots can happen.

Looks like the addition of Victor Olofsson could be good for Buffalo's blueline.

Carolina is also interesting as well. They are off to a good start at least.

He's a forward

Reactions: 54thecup

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He's a forward

My bad. Thought I saw him playing defense during a recent game. No idea why I thought that now. Maybe he was playing the point on a PP? At any rate, 5 points in 4 games is a pretty good start.

Last edited:

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Interesting watching Gardiner with Canes. He is looking way more like the rover he was to start his career, jumping way up in the rush. Coach is letting him do his thing.

Reactions: stickty111

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Marleau helps Sharks beat Blackhawks 5-4 for 1st win

1:15
Marleau, Goodrow lift Sharks past Blackhawks

Patrick Marleau scores his first two goals in his second stint with the Sharks, and Barclay Goodrow adds the game winner for San Jose.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Interesting watching Gardiner with Canes. He is looking way more like the rover he was to start his career, jumping way up in the rush. Coach is letting him do his thing.

That’s like that to any and every players outside of the Leafs. 1. We don’t watch their team play like we do with the Leafs
2. We don’t have the Leafs passion while watching thus we don’t nick pick every little thing they do

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
So who still thinks Marner is better than Draisaitl? Even playing the wing, Draisaitl is better than Marner because he's also a shooting threat. Boy, did Dubas got hosed on that contract. Holland wouldn't even consider trading Draisaitl for Marner if they had the same exact contract.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
The double standards on this board are hilarious. You can't even say something different about another team (specifically a Canadian team) without a whole fanbase coming for you. Oilers fans deserve all the losing seasons they've had to endure tbh. Poor McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad