Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Anyone else ever visit other teams Around the League threads?

Most are just pages upon pages of Leaf talk. Pretty wild. Islanders board has more posts about the Leafs than they do about the rest of the league combined, and it’s probabl’y 50:1.
Some posters there are still upset about the "Tavares betrayal". At the same time, Islanders and Oilers seem to be the main targets of posts here, and, except for when their team is playing them, no fans except Leaf fans go on their board.

But why shouldn't their #2 topic be the best team in the league, and the center of the universe? Actually, except for regional squabbles (Calgary and Edmonton, for example), the Leafs are the #2 topic on most boards.

Reactions: Lilou

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With Malkin out, would the Pens have anything to offer up for Nylander?

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Some posters there are still upset about the "Tavares betrayal". At the same time, Islanders and Oilers seem to be the main targets of posts here, and, except for when their team is playing them, no fans except Leaf fans go on their board.

But why shouldn't their #2 topic be the best team in the league, and the center of the universe? Actually, except for regional squabbles (Calgary and Edmonton, for example), the Leafs are the #2 topic on most boards.

The oilers had a poll on their board, which Canadian team they hate the most... guess who was number 1.... and it wasn't really close either.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
What's the game to watch tonight?

I wanna see if the oil can keep it up against the isles.

James neal with a hattrick. I'm liking the pace of this game and the losing of the isles.

Last edited:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I’m very happy for him. He’s rightfully back to the organization where his true home and fans that actually respects and happy to have him.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019

Its actually quite comical to see how other fans are obsessed with the Leafs. I love watching other games not involving the Leafs but I really dont give a shit about who wins. It seems like other fans across the league are really concerned with the Leafs results

Reactions: Lilou

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Isles fans averaging like 10 000 fans so far is pretty sad. I guess JT really is their daddy

Indeed. Tavares is and always will be their father. Islander fans need to accept they are outcasts. No one in ny gives a rats arse about them judging by the attendance. That goes for players too. I think back to when they raged when Panarin picked the rangers over them. They really thought they had a chance in signing him. There is no player that wakes up everyday wishing he was an islander.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’m very happy for him. He’s rightfully back to the organization where his true home and fans that actually respects and happy to have him.

I guess his consecutive game streak is over?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Anyone else ever visit other teams Around the League threads?

Most are just pages upon pages of Leaf talk. Pretty wild. Islanders board has more posts about the Leafs than they do about the rest of the league combined, and it’s probabl’y 50:1.

Yeah I do that all the time. Isles board is a good one because they’re so focused on us. I even had an Isles fan come into our PGT to “like” my post complaining about Tavares not having a good game. I guess that’s how they take solace? Of course not all of them are consumed, but there’s a solid handful that are rooting so hard against JT and the Leafs. It’s incredible to me that they take the smallest of victories over something that has nothing to do with their current team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad