Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The way Edmonton has ruined some.of McDavids prime years is one of.thr most awful stories in pro hockey for the last few years. I have zero sympathy for that team.

I'd rather see McDavid in Arizona or Forida than watch him spend another year there

Apparently Ken Holland told McDavid that Ovechkin didn’t win a cup until he was 13 years in lmao.

Friedman seems to think McDavid will give the Oilers this season and next with this management to show some sort of improvement.

Holland better have the GOAT off-season next summer lmao

Reactions: supermann_98

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
The good thing for McDavid is that he can pad his stats in Edmonton. He can just play hockey without having to worry about results because he knows his team sucks so there is no chance of making the playoffs. Go out there and have fun.

Vegas and most likely the Flames will make it, but the Pacific will still need a 3rd team to make the playoffs. I am not saying the Oilers are the frontrunner for that 3rd spot, but they will have a chance. I am not sold on the Sharks and the other ones are no lock either.

I don't like giving that hack any clicks...what did he predict? That they finish 1st?

Yes lol.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
McDavid isnt requesting a trade until that NMC kicks in, so the Oilers have 3 years (including this one) to figure it out.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Apparently Ken Holland told McDavid that Ovechkin didn’t win a cup until he was 13 years in lmao.

Friedman seems to think McDavid will give the Oilers this season and next with this management to show some sort of improvement.

If this were any other team, I would feel some sort of sympathy toward the fanbase. But after reading posts from the enormous amount of idiot Oiler fans who have wished the Leafs ill-will/misfortune throughout the years, I say...GOOD! Serves them right.

Reactions: Pi and DirkStraun

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Vegas and most likely the Flames will make it, but the Pacific will still need a 3rd team to make the playoffs. I am not saying the Oilers are the frontrunner for that 3rd spot, but they will have a chance. I am not sold on the Sharks and the other ones are no lock either.

Yes lol.

Yeah they play in a trash division. Vegas and Calgary seem like locks, I think the third team that squeezes in will likely have less points than both the Eastern and Western conference wild card teams.

I am hoping it's Anaheim...Dallas Eakins is the coach.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Also, not to stoke the whole "McDavid to Toronto" thing, but he always seems to mention Matthews when talking about another player in the league. Most recent interview he did it again. In 3 years, it's a possibility...

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Yeah I saw that too..McDavid should have demanded a trade on the spot.

It's an absolutely stupid comparison too since the Caps had a great team consistently while the Oilers are still trash

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Also, not to stoke the whole "McDavid to Toronto" thing, but he always seems to mention Matthews when talking about another player in the league. Most recent interview he did it again. In 3 years, it's a possibility...

We would be able to give them the best offer in a trade. McDavid just has to ask for it.

I bet he really regrets signing an 8 year deal right now but can't go back and change it.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
We would be able to give them the best offer in a trade. McDavid just has to ask for it.

I bet he really regrets signing an 8 year deal right now but can't go back and change it.

What would you give up? Hypothetically speaking, the Leafs would have the upper hand since in this scenario, he demands a trade.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What would you give up? Hypothetically speaking, the Leafs would have the upper hand since in this scenario, he demands a trade.

Marner+

Only way the salaries work. They wouldn't take Tavares due to age + NMC. Having McDavid, Tavares and Matthews down the middle is a guaranteed cup if we didn't win one already before then.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Marner+

Only way the salaries work. They wouldn't take Tavares due to age + NMC. Having McDavid, Tavares and Matthews down the middle is a guaranteed cup if we didn't win one already before then.

For me I would go Nylander, one of the elite D (not named Rielly) and multiple first round picks. Still lowkey want to keep Marner and have the McDavid-Marner draft connection. Nylander+the D salary offsets McDavid's salary.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I remember TSN doing an interview where both their dads said it would be cool if their sons could play together.

this is where its from, but I guess TSN took the video down cause its not loading for me.

If only Connor didnt sign for 8 years, we would have to wait for so long :laugh:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Still have no idea why Calgary would take on Lucic, lol...James Neale will score 30 plus goals playing in Edmonton this plus season.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Buffalo seems to have improved and I wonder how well they'll do this year. Have they done enough to take a significant step forward?

Ditto for Florida.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t like Winnipeg but it would be nice if they were to beat NYI. Doesn’t look good though.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Isles and Canes are looking like they’ve picked up where they left off last year. They have the structure in place to be competitive all year.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
For me I would go Nylander, one of the elite D (not named Rielly) and multiple first round picks. Still lowkey want to keep Marner and have the McDavid-Marner draft connection. Nylander+the D salary offsets McDavid's salary.

So to get the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD IN HIS PRIME all its going to take is our 4th best forward, 2nd best defenseman, and a bunch of unknown late-1st draft picks...

Edmonton laughs us out of the room and blocks Dubas' phone number forever with that offer.

The minimum ask for McDavid is Matthews+ or Marner++

You have to give to get, and to get the best you have to give BIG. Nobody wants to see either of those guys go but if it means getting McDavid that's the sacrifice it would take. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Anyone else ever visit other teams Around the League threads?

Most are just pages upon pages of Leaf talk. Pretty wild. Islanders board has more posts about the Leafs than they do about the rest of the league combined, and it’s probabl’y 50:1.

Reactions: Lilou

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Barzal's line got absolutely caved in last night...29% possession. But he's definitely better than Tavares according to the genius Marvel character that trolls these boards.
Beyond the fact that different people have different opinions about different players, I'm not sure what your point is, or what you mean by "genius Marvel character that trolls these boards".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad