Around the League 2019-20 Pt3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
- We just aren't worthy. ;)

- Some logistical things like the practice facility is too far from the arena and hotels. The hotels aren't directly linked to the arena. We don't have enough 5-star hotel rooms and the players won't accept anything less than 5-star. Just a few I've heard.
Primadonnas. You haven't lived until you have to weigh hotel costs against the odds of bringing bed bugs back home.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You're probably right............but seriously? Do they want to do this (safely) or not.

Just as happy they aren't coming here. We should keep plague-carrying outsiders away for the foreseeable future. Hear me, world? Don't come to Winnipeg! It's dirty, boring and violent crime is rampant. The coronavirus won't get you, but some meth head probably will. Just slap one of these on that middle section of your map of Canada. :nod:

capsule_616x353.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
NHL would be pretty crazy to pick T.O with the amount of Covid 19 outbreaks they've had. Not sure why they are on the list.

Not that simple. TO is like Mtl. It got into some of the senior homes and that is generating the bulk of the stats. And then this PO doesn't start for at least a month. We hope the hotspots will be cooled off by then. We really hope we won't be getting a rebound peak from the opening up. If that happens on a wide scale, this PO may be cancelled yet.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
when I was 30 I too was in a relationship with someone 23. We had a good run but it came to an end at a similar time ((age wise). We both needed to pursue our paths and they were both leading us out of the small town we lived in but in separate directions. We had our good times and bad times but I look back on it as a time in life that wasn’t boring. She was hugely into travel and ignited that in me and I will be forever grateful for that aspect. We had a pretty turbulent run and I learned a few lessons the hard way but I am glad I went through it because the good outweighed the bad.

Most of my life I dated similar age or within 5 years but years later I met my wife and we have a 20 year age difference. Turns out we were fully aligned on the “stage” of life which was starting a family and stage alignment turned out to be more important than age alignment for both of us.

The stage right after a relationship ends can either be glorious if you needed out or it can be dark if you were happy but the other person needed out. Hang in there and keep taking your shots.

That is actually pretty good advice and you're the only person I spoke to over the last 2 months that made the same experience I think. She is quite similiar to what you just described - especially the traveling aspect.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Brendan Lemieux and Anthony DeAngelo are starting a podcast.

What could possibly go wrong?

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Everybody is starting a podcast. Three uninteresting dudes I went to high school with a starting a podcast. The world definitely needs more podcasts. :sarcasm:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Everybody is starting a podcast. Three uninteresting dudes I went to high school with a starting a podcast. The world definitely needs more podcasts. :sarcasm:

I have fallen in love with podcasts but there are only so many hours in the day.

That being said I think the last thing the Rangers or NHL PR department needs is the possible headaches that could come from this tandem Set lose in the social media off leash park. DeAngelo had multiple incidents In his draft year where he was suspended or warned for using racist slurs (which dropped him out of the top 10 on draft day). Then it followed him to the NHL where he was suspended again. Brendan speaks beautifully in short interviews but I have zero faith the Real Slim Lemmy can be suppressed for long sitting beside Tony trying to be entertaining.

None

Feb 22, 2012

I wonder how quickly the league will wash their hands of these two when they inevitably say something stupid?

Reactions: ps241

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I have fallen in love with podcasts but there are only so many hours in the day.

That being said I think the last thing the Rangers or NHL PR department needs is the possible headaches that could come from this tandem Set lose in the social media off leash park. DeAngelo had multiple incidents In his draft year where he was suspended or warned for using racist slurs (which dropped him out of the top 10 on draft day). Then it followed him to the NHL where he was suspended again. Brendan speaks beautifully in short interviews but I have zero faith the Real Slim Lemmy can be suppressed for long sitting beside Tony trying to be entertaining.

Lemieux may be used to the spot light for short post game interviews, but I've talked to a couple people who've known him over the years and they've all told me the same thing. Hes dumb as a doorknob.

Wont be long before those two get themselves suspended, both are morons with deplorable opinions off the ice.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lemieux may be used to the spot light for short post game interviews, but I've talked to a couple people who've known him over the years and they've all told me the same thing. Hes dumb as a doorknob.

Wont be long before those two get themselves suspended, both are morons with deplorable opinions off the ice.

Yea it has train wreck written all over it. Lemieux was not a popular teammate DeAngelo won’t make it two episodes without getting suspended again. I think DeAngelo might have even said we’re doing this because there is too much political correctness out there right now.

:soap:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That's focused on 2000-2009 drafts. Yes, Atlanta was awful at drafting and developing. Jets have been one of the better teams, with 14 NHLers drafted between 2011 and 2016.
Someone was worse than Atlanta?
Then again, Atlanta traded a LOT of their top picks.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad